Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2007, 05:51 AM

Flash, bang .... where is it?

All this talk of thunderstorms has made me nervous. I nearly died in a massive storm in the Thames Estuary this day in 1993 so I have been wary of a repeat experience. Strangely, since moving to Ireland I have not seen one flash of lightning or heard one clap of thunder. When I lived on Mersea Island, Essex, summer lightning was common even on a fine evening and some of the storms overnight were terrifying in their violence.
Recently, there have been thunderstorms forecast - so Ireland must get them - but not here. Just a bit of rain, which is usual all year round. I wonder if the bog absorbs it somehow without it ever being seen?
The threat of a thunderstorm makes me edgy but I must admit, I am beginning to miss it even though it is the "enemy". So come out, lightning - let's see you!
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2007, 06:53 AM
I do love a good storm I must admit! However I
can see why you would have perhaps rather mixed
feelings Deccy!

Wys
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2007, 06:56 AM
Deccy, We have had some here but not much, just lots of rain. Maybe inadvertantly you chose a lightning free zone when you located to Ireland......spoooky!!!