Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
enerosar
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-06-2007, 01:56 PM

want to rehome rottie dog

Hi all, my mum and dad have lost there Rotti dog due to a tumor. They are now looking to rehome a young Rotti Dog from about 5-6mth old. they dont want a puppy puppy as my son is only 18mth old. He must have a tail.

Can anyone give any ideas of there to look or who to contact please, we have called the local RSPCAs they dont mind traveling for the right one.

Thanks for your help.
Sarah
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2007, 01:58 PM
How about ZeptheDep dogsey member, they have just gained Charity status as a rehoming organisation for Rotties?

There is also a Scottish Rottie Rescue I've heard of.

Perhaps if you contact the Kennel Club they will be able to help? I am sure lots of Breed Clubs will know of Rotties in need as well as local Dog Shelters, sadly Rotties are often up for rehoming.

So glad your parents are ready to re-home
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2007, 02:50 PM
I would say contact any of the specific Rottie Rescues, they are full to bursting sadly. I'm sure there will be one out there to make that perfect companion for your parents complete witha tail.
Becky
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-06-2007, 04:35 PM
Have you tried

Rottweiler Welfare Association
Mr C Colbourne (Secretary), Belvedere, Kent.
Tel: 0208 310 4422
Email: chrisnett@lineone.net
enerosar
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-06-2007, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the help so far, i have just sent a pm to zepthe dep and hope to hear from him,
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2007, 05:12 PM
Have you tired WAW(Warrington Animal Welfare)

Tel 07812 137177 or 01606 889984

Don't know how important the Tail bit is But this rescue have a 3 year Old male(docked) called Zac he is good natured with other Animals and people.

Babbington Hall,
Westby Lane,
Awsworth,
Nottinghamshire,
NG16 2SS (we are 10 minutes from MI junction 26).
tel; 0115 932 4576
fax 0115 930 8811

email babbington21@btopenworld.com
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2007, 09:06 PM
was going to recommend Catherine at WAW, but see someone beat me to it
Also try the oldies club as there are many dogs still waiting for their forever home on there (over 7 years old) and I'm sure your parents would be the perfect partnership for one
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2007, 03:40 PM
Would your family be interested in a cross Rottie bitch, 15-18 months old, house trained, indoor dog and, the best bit is that she has always lived with a little boy who is 3 yrs old. She is needing a new home through no fault of her own, marriage break up. The owner is desperate as, due to the recent floods in our area, the house is in three foot of water. She also has a companion that is requiring a home, a 6 yr old Neopolitan bitch, spayed, also good with kids. Please pm me if you are interested, or even have any suggestions. All the local dog rescues are full to bursting point and can't help. They would love a home together but could be seperated. Thanks for taking the time to read this - kind regards Karen
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-06-2007, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by novavizz View Post
Would your family be interested in a cross Rottie bitch, 15-18 months old, house trained, indoor dog and, the best bit is that she has always lived with a little boy who is 3 yrs old. She is needing a new home through no fault of her own, marriage break up. The owner is desperate as, due to the recent floods in our area, the house is in three foot of water. She also has a companion that is requiring a home, a 6 yr old Neopolitan bitch, spayed, also good with kids. Please pm me if you are interested, or even have any suggestions. All the local dog rescues are full to bursting point and can't help. They would love a home together but could be seperated. Thanks for taking the time to read this - kind regards Karen
I have sent you a PM.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2007, 08:47 PM
any news yet have you found new doglet hun