Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2006, 04:12 PM

Off her food, not sure why.

Bodhi normally sleeps with us over night.

On sunday night, she didn't, and I found she had been sick. It was quite solid, undigested food (her biscuits).

Since then she has picked at her food, and not had a proper meal. She is absolutely fine in herself. We have been to the park, and she will play and bounce as usual. There has been no more sick and no diorreah. She did look a bit sorry for herself on Monday, but that was all - nothing unusual.

She is on JWB food. She has got through over 1/2 a 7kg bag, so I know she is not just being picky. Mixed some tuna in it today as it was smelly and tempting, and she picked a few bits out and that was it.

Any ideas?? I worry she will make her self ill sometimes as she insists on drinking from puddles... I don't let her - I shoo her off or distract her. Also she ALWAYS has fresh water available at home.

Any suggestions about what to do? Do you think I should cook up some rice for her or something?
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2006, 04:15 PM
i would try rice and chicken or fish but if she brings that back up go to the vets, china was the same and an xray showed she had an inflamation in her tummy with was making her throw up every time she ate, she just had some anti sickness tablets, anti inflamatory and small portions(ie 2-3tbsp) food about 4-5 times a day and gradually increased the amount abck to twice a day......
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2006, 04:18 PM
Cheers

The thing is - she isn't being sick at all. It was just the once...
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2006, 04:22 PM
it may be that the small amount of food is getting through...if it carries on without getting beter after 3-4 days go to the vets, she may sorting herself out!
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2006, 04:25 PM
If she doesn't eat tonight, I will book the vets for tomorrow

Will cook up something gentle yet tasty when I get in!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2006, 04:27 PM
try some boiled rice and a teaspoon of honey....that should go down well!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2006, 04:28 PM
HI Bodhi

think the chicken rice thigs is best at moment.

was just going to say about the puddles - Bruno can have fresh water sitting ina dish beside a puddle and he will still dirnk from the puddle !! - he has never been ill through it - obviously watch ones which could have insecticide /chemicals in - but normal everday puddles due to excess rainfall wont kill them everyu now and then - bruno is living proof !
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-03-2006, 04:28 PM
Hi Bodie has she pooed at all since she vomited ?

The symptoms you describe could apply to a blockage (it could just be a tummy thing ) ..dogs with a blockage don't want to eat and nothing gets through so no poo. It is now Wednesday , if Bodhi hasn't pooed see the vet .
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2006, 04:35 PM
She has pooed. She ate a little last night (not enough). But not alot - she normally goes a few times a day (morning, evening, night). In fact, we laugh - as soon as we get to the park it's drop, squat and Sh... I put it down to not eating as much the past couple of days.

Hmm..... Will check on progress tonight and check poo amount

(as for puddles - I'm not too worried providing they aren't building site/dirty ones.. She HAS to drink from them when she see's them and it's done no harm so far. The only problems are she tries it at the beach, so I always take lots of fresh water for her as she will drink the salt water - but we haven't been recently)..

will book vets first thing am if nothing has changed...
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2006, 06:24 PM
Aww maybe she just has a bit of a bug, hope she feels better soon.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >