Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-06-2007, 02:56 PM

In Other News

Each day that passes where I forget to click on the BBC "Also in the news" page is a day wasted. They have some absolute corkers in there... Today, for example:

'Ridiculous' Visa Ruling Set Out
UK tourist visas are often denied to would-be visitors because they "plan a holiday for no particular purpose other than sightseeing", a report says.

Others were turned down because they had never previously taken any foreign travel or could not speak English.

India Rattled by Vibrating Condom
A vibrating condom has sparked a fierce debate in India, over whether it is a sex toy - which are banned - or a means of birth control.

The controversial condom has caused outrage in the state of Madhya Pradesh, because a government-owned company is involved in marketing it.

Ban on rerun of eggs TV advert
Reruns of a TV commercial from the 1950s which urged viewers to "go to work on an egg" have been banned.

An advertising watchdog said the slogan went against the principle of eating a varied diet.

You really couldn't make some of these things up. Our European neighbours must laugh at us, surely...

Link to the Also in the News Page: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/also_in_the_news/default.stm
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2007, 02:58 PM

I must find that page and have a look
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-06-2007, 10:30 AM
Thanks for that link Maz.

The truck driver steering his lorry with his feet is pretty mind blowing also

As you say, anytime one begins to think humans are clever, then a quick look there will soon put you right
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2007, 05:59 PM
I heard that one about the egg advert yesterday - I could barely believe my ears!!!

Will have a wee look at the site myself now