Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gaz webber
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-05-2007, 06:58 PM

Darn!

I used to have a Daewoo Lanos, 1600 cc 4 door automatic.
Petrol fuel, on a Y plate, was costing me £205 per year tax, and had fairly high fuel costs. But it was very reliable, and I liked it. It had all the toys...electric mirrors, air-con, electric windows....
However, it needed two new tyres, new brake pipes, and the brakes were making a bit of a grinding noise. Nothing I couldn't fix, but annoying, and not cheap.
So, last weekend I went to Walsall, and had a go at PXing it for something less expensive.
Having sorted out a deal for the old car, and agreed a budget, the salesman took me to the showroom, and pointed me at a Vauxhall Corsa.
*Oh NO!* said I. *I can't abide Vauxhalls, and Corsas are chav-cars*
Then I had a good look at it.
And changed my mind.
And bought it.
1.7 Turbo-diesel, remarkably quick, £112 per year road tax, and having put £35 of diesel in the tank, I've done 250 miles in the last week, and used less than half a tank...
And it also has all the toys...
Pics will follow, for it is pretty
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2007, 07:02 PM
Sounds like you've joined the "old farts club" Gaz - of which I am proud to be a founder member.

Polo 1.4 auto driver - ex Passat 2.0 Sports driver

Pass the hat, coat and gloves
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-05-2007, 08:04 PM
lol-i've been an oil burner for 8 years now and you do get used to the 'bucket of nails' sound first thing in morning,but economy is good! I do miss the GTI's,GTE's,Turbo nutter b'stards i used to own cause of the power,but hey-you gotta grow up sometime...
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2007, 08:06 PM
You've been converted then Gaz
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-05-2007, 07:11 PM
My personal car is a Range Rover Vogue, my wife has a Citroen Xsara Picasso 2.0 Exclusive, but most of the time I spend in my Transit.