Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2007, 11:10 AM

Life is easy in Soapland....

Emmerdale is the only soap I really watch, but it really is stretching credibility too far these days.
How can a couple with what would be a very low income in real life, manage to get the foundations/base in for a new house (mine cost €25k) having achieved planning permission in record time (mine took 5 months) then suddenly be able to afford an alternative, substantial new house at £180k with 90% of that mortgaged, and have it conveyed, decorated and moved into in a week or two? I think I'll move to Yorkshire!
AND will there be any follow up to the previous building project, if they had pp to build then surely it would have come to light that the land was not owned by the Dingles..... or the lying snake Pollard (who I would dearly love to pummel to death) had them over.
They never seem to walk that poor Dalmatian much either
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2007, 11:32 AM
I know it is mad, if real live was like that it would be so easy but at others time it is mad on there and you would end up in a mental hospital
I suppose they have to do it like that or they think you would get bored watching.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2007, 03:51 PM
I have always thought:
1) in EastEnders, why does no-one have a washing machine?
2) Does everyone in soaps work so close to their home they can still nip home at lunchtime to catch whatever dodgy happenings are going on?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2007, 03:53 PM
Oh to live in fantasy land!
Becky
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2007, 04:30 PM
I find it fascinating that no-one seems to need a clock / watch in Eastenders. Someone says 'do you fancy a drink in the Vic at lunch?' and the other says 'ok'. How do they know automatically what time lunchtime is - 12:00, 12:30, 1:00, 1:30 - how do they know?