Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
cassie2
New Member!
Female 

09-05-2007, 05:00 AM

Yoghurt

Does anybody feed their dog yoghurt, and what are the benefits?

thanks
cassie2
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2007, 07:13 AM
Yes, I feed Hoki low fat natural (bio) yogurt.

Not sure if there are really any health benefits (some say good for their stomachs), but I find it is a useful low fat filler for frozen kongs and one she really likes (but then she really likes anything to eat )
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

09-05-2007, 08:42 AM
I use Narural Bio Yoghurt if they are a bit loose and it seems to help. Mine are big dogs so I give a heaped tablespon sull or so over their dinner. With the little ones I give a heaped teaspoon full
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2007, 10:47 AM
Mine get Honey bio yog and love it, like others have said a lot of people think it helps with digestion, my vet recommended it for my Suki when she was ill.
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2007, 11:38 AM
another Bio Yoghurt user here, my dogs get it on their food once a week and its also great as a kong filler
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2007, 12:33 PM
Don't use it regularly except that he cleans out the pot after I've had it but on my vet's recommendation I always feed natural bio yoghurt for 2 or 3 days after they've had a course of antibiotics. In my vet's words it puts the good bugs back & helps their digestion return to normal.
I never feed yoghurt with antibiotics, but that's just because my doctor warned me I must not take yoghurt when taking antibiotics so I do the same with the dogs in case.
Tracey381
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-05-2007, 02:35 PM
i use bio yogurt when mine have a funny tummy, 1 or 2 heaped tablespoons twice a day for a few days and it sorts them out, and if i have a fussy eater i add some honey too, then they gobble it up
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2007, 09:26 PM
It might help with digestive problems. I occasionally give about a spoonful of natural or one that is sugar-free for babies.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2007, 09:40 PM
i give natural low fat yogurt,it helps put the good bacteria back in to there stomachs,were the bad bacteria is causing digestive upsets,i use it for tigger along with her enzymes and it really works,and i mix it with,puppy food for weaning also they love it and helps keep a balance,i swear by it,for dire rear xx
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2007, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
another Bio Yoghurt user here, my dogs get it on their food once a week and its also great as a kong filler
I'm confused here I feed low fat yoghurt, are you all freezing it in the Kong or using it like ice cream
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >