Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 05:03 PM

KC Permission To Show A Neutered Dog Letter

Does anyone have one and, if so, how long did it take to come through?

Bradley is entered at his first show this Sunday, a breed championship show and I still haven't heard from the KC. I phoned them last week to chase it up and was told that they had no record of me applying for permission so I had to complete another form and send to them.

I realise that he will more than likely be unplaced if the judge is one of these that doesn't consider a neutered dog worthy of an award, but I would like to be prepared and have a letter to show the judge just so she knows that I did everything through the right channels.
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 05:05 PM
to be honest I ve never heard of this, I thought there weren't any exceptions

Oh well, Im sure they will send you the letter, the KC can be abit slow at times, it took 6 weeks for my registration papers to come through with Trinny
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 05:06 PM
I don't think it's the judge's responsibility to be concerned about whether you have permission to show or not, this is automatic anyway. What you may find useful though, is a letter stating that he was entire before castration.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 05:13 PM
Thanks guys, the letter is a good idea, I will ring my vets tomorrow and ask if they will provide a letter, they will obviously have all his details so that should be as good as the KC one to show.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 05:57 PM
I got my letters through quite quickly but I did have spayed bitches so it wasn't obvious that they had been spayed so I was never asked.
Becky
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

17-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Hi Sheree When I got my old boy now long gone to the bridge nuetered for health reasons I got a letter from my vet stating the reason for having this done. I kept the orginal and sent a Photo copy to the KC advising this had been done and saying that if I decided to continue showing him they had been advised of this. Don't think you actually need KC permission to show them when nuetered.
surannon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-04-2007, 06:34 PM
I think I'm right in saying that you don't have to have permission to show a neutered dog or bitch. All you have to do is inform the KC that the dog is neutered by filling in their form which has to include the name and address of the vet who did the op. Once they have been informed you can show straight away. As the KC say they haven't recieved anything maybe you could just print off this form [URL="http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/download/394/neutereddogsform.pdf"] and send it to them.

HTH

Debs
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 08:58 PM
Thanks everyone, I did download the form from the kc website and sent that off last week as they said they couldn't trace the other one.

I have also informed my vets that they may contact them
for confirmation and have phoned them this evening to see if I can get a letter from them just stating the facts, hopefully that will be sufficient if any judges do ask for confirmation.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 11:38 PM
Don't know about castration but I only had to get a note from the KC confirming my bitch had live progeny when I had her spayed, & when I had a dog who had to have a tooth removed I only had to have a vet's letter stating he had a normal bite with all teeth present before the accident.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2007, 07:28 AM
Originally Posted by GSD-Sue View Post
Don't know about castration but I only had to get a note from the KC confirming my bitch had live progeny when I had her spayed, & when I had a dog who had to have a tooth removed I only had to have a vet's letter stating he had a normal bite with all teeth present before the accident.
Thanks for that, hopefully the vets letter should be sufficient then.