Our sister sites
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-04-2007, 05:38 PM

I'm totaly fed up!!!!!

Hi,
I need to spout off. Sorry.

I have been having trouble with my limbs, well stumps. I have started to bleed a bit from where the end of the shin bone is, it started on the old amputation, there was like a little scratch and a bit of dry skin, I called the nurse out who checked it and said it was ok, just leave my limb off. It stopped, so I started to where my limb again, applying a cream on the affected area twice a day, anyway a few days ago it started to weep a bit of watery blood, I have kept on keeping it moisturised but it is still playing up, then just before the weekend started the new amputation started to leak watery blood too, I have been keeping that one well moisturised too.

I am giving in to the prospect of being able to walk reasonably well. Feel like throwing in the towel. So I'm going to contact the surgery tomorrow, and maybe need to see my limb fitter.

Oh God!!!!! I just want a near normal life.

Ian
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2007, 05:42 PM
Oh Ian, you poor soul. It's really not fair, after all you've been through, and you've been such an encouragement to others as well.
I can only say that I hope the wounds start to dry out and you can get back to using your legs again. I'm sure many amputees have the same sorts of problems.

Is there a support group you can contact?

In the meantime, big massive hugs to you xoxox
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2007, 05:46 PM
im so sorry your feeling down and fed up ian
ah its awfull when your under the weather i really hope your limb fitter can sort things out for you pal , so you can have a reasonable normal life .
chin up hun :smt039 big hugs coming your way from dollyk
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-04-2007, 06:03 PM
Thanks everyone,

There are numerous support forums on the net, I'm on one at the moment - Heather McCartney's forum, it's good.

Ian
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2007, 06:54 PM
Healing thoughts from me & the boys Ian, it must be so flustrating & worring for you as well as being uncomfortable

Have they medics tried any natural remedies ? Like Manuka Honey ?
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2007, 06:59 PM
Hi
I dont know much about you,just what i have read on this thread, i wondered if it was water retention as that starts with a scratch and watery blood comes out the easiest place it can find.
I don't know if this is an option.

Hope you feel better soon.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Glad you've found some similar people to chat with Ian. It must feel awful if you've no-one to compare with. xox
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-04-2007, 12:54 PM
Hello everyone,

Thanks for your kind words, I have been onto the amputee forum and told them what's happening, it sounds as though I am going too far into the socket and catching the bottom of the bone with the socket. I have been onto the limb centre and they are going to post a app out for me. I think the earliest I will get one now is Tuesday of next week.

The wounds, well they are not really wounds as yet are sort of healed but not. there's nothing that can be done really.

Just a few minutes ago I blew! I ranted and raved, Blackie took off then came back to me.

I must chill!!!
I must chill!!!
I must chill!!! ......

Ian
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

03-04-2007, 02:24 PM
Its just not fair Ian after all you've gone through. I hope they can sort it out quickly for you. Comforting hugs...........
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2007, 11:33 PM
i hope you get it sorted quickly hospitals dont make rush apps even though we need it sorted now,comforting hugs winging your way from ireland,xxxxxxx