Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2007, 09:12 AM

My poor hand

Well as in previous thread I mentioned I had Chilblains......the Hospital said Rayauds too...... had to have anti biotic course as lesion on hand from chilbain infected whole hand and my hand was swollen to twice size - then my hand was/is purple with cold even wearing gloves.................so FINALLY managed to get a Doctors appointment yesterday, he has put me on medication now to see if this will help the circulation, he also said that I may have to be referred to a Vascular Surgeon

Very restricting though, felt a bit sorry for myself yesterday but gave myself a good talking to, there are people far worse than me, that's life and that's what I have to get on with!

Just wanted to know if anyone had had surgery re: Raynauds?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-02-2007, 09:29 AM
Hope they can help sweep sounds really painful.
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2007, 09:58 AM
Aw poor you, haved lived with Raynauds for quite a few years I know how you must be feeling. I used to get really bad chilblains also but thankfully since moving out here - touch wood - haven't had them since.

I was actually told by my doctor that it was just something that I was going to have to learn to live with as there is no cure. That was quite a while ago now so maybe it's changed - I dont know. Sorry I cant be much help - I really do feel for you.
Shirleyc
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-02-2007, 11:47 AM
Ooh you poor thing that sounds awful. Im feeling a bit sorry for myself today as well. Ive got flippin repetitive strain in my hand and elbow, its killing me!! I think you hand is one of the worst things to have pain in you cant do anything!
Hope it eases off a bit for you and you can get some relief x
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2007, 11:54 AM
Sorry can't help, but feel awfully sorry for you and your poor hand.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2007, 02:01 PM
Just what you need with a puppy/needle sharp teeth eh Sweep. Hope it eases honey xox
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2007, 02:13 PM
Oh Sweep, poor you.

I was told pretty much the same as Shaza - live with it, no cure, keep warm. I found out more by my own research.

I am now a member of
http://www.raynauds.org.uk/potioncms....asp?a=30&z=12

And this site gives some good information, but treatments seem much different, possibly because it is American.
http://www.raynauds.org/