Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2006, 02:27 PM

Searching for Shows?

How do most of you find out where a local show is going to be held and when?
Took to showing my two this year and really enjoyed it. Winning a few helps. But as mine arent KC recognised we are exempt from going to most.
Where would I find local companion shows for next year listed?
Thanks
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2006, 02:51 PM
Hi Laura,
I find alot of shows from Ch to companion shows are listed in the dog press such as Dog world,our dogs etc......
Hope this helps
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2006, 02:53 PM
Thanks Sally, I will start to buy them for next year.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

05-12-2006, 03:15 PM
hi Luz you can pick up schedules at your ring craft or log onto www.theprintshop.uk.com for Scottish Open and Limited shows, or pick them up when you are at a show. You also get championship and Open Limit and Fun shows in the dog press as someone already said.
gaz
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-12-2006, 03:16 PM
Hiya
most of the shows I have ever been to are advertised in the Freeads, which comes out every Wednesday. They have a page which covers local dog training centers and shows. Give it a look as it might be different area to area.
Gaz
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2006, 03:40 PM
Thankyou Eunice & Gaz. Very helpful
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

05-12-2006, 04:05 PM
Hi again Laura

The print shop are having problems with their website I normally click on Download schedule and it brings up a list of shows, but this is not working at present and I phoned them and the guy I spoke to said they are having problems but it you click on Dog Label order forms it brings up the list of shows. he says don't ask him why but it works and it does cause I tried it.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2006, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
Hi again Laura

The print shop are having problems with their website I normally click on Download schedule and it brings up a list of shows, but this is not working at present and I phoned them and the guy I spoke to said they are having problems but it you click on Dog Label order forms it brings up the list of shows. he says don't ask him why but it works and it does cause I tried it.
Thanks Eunice I thought when it wouldnt work it was because they didnt have the schedules for next year so I saved it in favourites for browsing through at a later date. But will go and have a look now.
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2006, 04:24 PM
Unfortunately most of the show websites are for KC registerred breeds. Some of the Companion dog shows are listed in the dog papers. The kennel club list all shows including the Companion ones held under KC rules, Unfortunately again as your dogs are not registered you can't enter the pedigree classes, only the novelty ones. Some fun shows though aren't run under the KC so you can enter your dog. Local papers to yourself. Any local fetes etc sometimes have them.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2006, 07:37 PM
Hi Luz, here is the link for the kennel club listing some shows (sadly most are over now but the clubs will no doubt do the same next year so keep an eye out!)

http://www.the-kennel-club.org.uk/re...ion/shows.html

Often local animal sanctuaries do fun shows that you will be able to attend, where exactly are you? If you do a Google I am sure some will pop up.

Also if you are near any agricultural shows they often tag a dog-show onto their schedules, so it is worth having a look if any are in your area.

Other than that I would ask your nearest Ringcraft classes if they know of any Companion Shows in the area and keep your eye out at places like your local pet shop/library etc where a flyer will advertise them
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >