View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2006, 11:52 PM

Jet and Pickles went to the vets on Friday.

Well it was the appointment I was dreading, but off we all went on Friday. Just to cut a long story short here are the threads for both of them:

Jet:
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=44624

And Pickles:
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=48177

But I have to say, it wasn't all that bad! It was a new vet and boy is she good, quite young (younger than me, which I'm never pleased about! ) and probably newly qualified.

She gave Jet a steroid injection to break the itch/scratch cycle, some cream to put on the new wound and a Feliway:
http://www.feliway.co.uk/
Similar to a DAP diffuser for dogs it seems, so we'll see how it goes.

Pickles has been given some medication for his heart murmur as she decided it was inevitable that he'd have to have his teeth removed. Have to say on the one hand I'm flippin relieved cos he's not happy with them rotting away in his mouth and I think it's long over due. But on the other hand terrified he won't live through the op.

Anyway he's on the meds to increase the effectiveness of his heart, which will hopefully give him a better chance of surviving the op.

So in a fortnights time they'll both be going back, Jet to be put on Clomicalm if this treatment isn't effective and Pickles to remove all of his rotten teeth!

Wow this is going to be an expensive month!

Wish em luck!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2006, 10:36 AM
Awww good luck Pickles and Jet I can understand how worried you are about Pickles, Rip - my mums poodle was 10 1/2 when she had all her teeth out and she was a much happier dog afterwards Will they do the pre-anaestetic testing before they do it?
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2006, 05:24 PM
I`m so relieved for Jet, I`ve been wondering how things were but was afraid to ask to be honest, in case it was bad news
Fingers tightly crossed for Pickles for the meds to help with the murmer
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-11-2006, 05:58 PM
Good luck for Pickles,and hope Jets injection works.
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2006, 09:44 PM
You must be a nervous wreck
Fingers crossed for both of them I hope it all goes well
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2006, 09:48 PM
Thanks all.

I'm actually quite relieved to be honest, nice to feel I'm getting somewhere with them both that doesn't lead to having them PTS.

The Feliway seems to be doing the trick, Jet's much more chilled out now.

Pickles' heart is still bouncing all over, but lets hope the tablets are working.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2006, 10:05 PM
Good luck for both of them Rip
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2006, 08:51 PM
Another update, but not a good one.

Pickles has had a lot of bleeding over the last couple of days - from his mouth. So bad that he's bleeding for a good couple of minutes before the blood clots - a lot of blood for a little dog in other words.

Came home from work today to find blood all over the floor and my Mam with a blood stained dripping wet hanky applied to Pickles face.

So I took him to the vets and she's decided it'll have to be done tomorrow as he must be in sooo much pain. Good I guess as it'll get it over with, but bad in respect of the fact that the tablets have only had four days to work. His heart rate has improved though so at least he's had the chance to have some.

So fingers crossed for Pickles tomorrow, he's currently sleeping off an antibiotic + painkiller injection and the scrambled egg, cheese and ham he had for tea, totally oblivious!
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2006, 10:04 PM
Oh poor Pickles At least he's had 4 days of tablets, that's better than nothing I hope everything goes ok with his teeth, I'm sure he will be much happier.

Fingers crossed and healing vibes for the little guy
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2006, 01:11 AM
I`ll be sending every positive vibe possible for Pickles to come through the op ok. Please pass on an extra hug from me in the morning :smt001
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >