Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2006, 02:41 PM

Vets and On Line Prescriptions

Went to the vet yesterday and told them I was going to buy all my drugs on line now, because my vets bills are so high. She was none to pleased about it, last time I tried it they were going to charge me prescription charges, but now the law has changed there is nothing they can do about it they have to give a prescription with no charge. Now I am paying £25.80 for eye drops againt £37 and £11 for fortekor against £17. That is a £17 a month saving, working that over a year it over £200 a year saving. I wanted her to give me 6 monthly repeats, that is the usual gap between check ups on eyes and heart, but she refused, so I said thats ok I will fetch down a preprinted prescription and you can sign it every month.

I ususally get bullied by the vet, but not this time I stood my ground and got what I wanted. I am in a very bulshy mood Ha Ha
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2006, 02:55 PM
Ha ha - good for you Katiecoos! What a price difference - how on earth can the vets justify their charges???!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2006, 04:01 PM
Good for you Kate
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-11-2006, 04:02 PM
I've got to say that when I started to get Tawney's Vivitonin on line my vets were really good about it. They gave me a 3 month prescription and waived any charges.
Unfortunately she died before her prescription expired so don't know what would have happened long term. They also didn't charge me for consultations just any medication, once it became apparent she had survived the first two strokes and was in need of long term care.
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2006, 04:09 PM
Well done you Katiecoos!

I cant blame you at all, £200 a year is a hell of alot of money and the vets should alter thier charges so that they keep up to date with the market prices, yes they have a buisness to run but they will lose more custom if they over charge...

I have started buying Jess's flea treatment online, shipped from Australia, and it is exactly the same ingredients that I would get from the vet, I buy it in 5 monthly treatments and I save ALOT of money even with shipping costs than buying it from the vets!

Long live the internet!