Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2006, 12:02 PM

Light coloured patch developed on eyelid-pic

Im totally paranoid about my dogs health- as most of us are Minnies just turned 3 and Im aware that as most dogs age they have pigment changes esp. around their face. In the past couple of weeks Ive noticed on one of her lower eyelids theres a small light coloured patch developed. No lump or swelling; not bothering her- its just not all black now. Ive attached 2 pics- anyone seen this before ??
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2006, 12:02 PM
another pic...
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2006, 12:03 PM
one more....
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2006, 12:35 PM
What a good girl, letting you snap her up close like that

It looks perfectly ok, doesn't it, same texture as the eyelid on either side an everything. In fact, it took me a while to see what you were talking about! You're just right to keep a close eye on things, I think eye problems are relatively common in JRTs. It doesn't look like the eyeball is affected at all, and the third eyelid looks nice and smooth and "clean". Maybe next time you're at the vets, ask them to show you how to examine Minnie's eyes yourself, and what kind of things to watch for. Knowledge is power!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2006, 01:27 PM
Do you think she's just caught it slightly on something (maybe a bramble or something?) and it's pulled the fur off from that bit? Keep an eye on it, as one of my dogs has now got a big raised lump on her bottom eyelid, which my vet said might have to come off when it starts irritating her eye. I'm just wondering if this is the start of something like Cassie has? Do you want to see a picture of hers????? I think hers may have started as a tiny bald spot on the lower lid too, but I can't really remember. I'm sure yours is a surface scrape which has taken some fur off though?
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2006, 02:00 PM
she is so pretty...

don't worry about it, nothing serious. I have had things like this appear for no reason, and then in a few days it will revert back to black.

I had an 'emergency' call out to my parents last night, Kai's nose was turning PINK!!!
They forgot he had a pink nose last winter too, but as he was a pup they assumed it was changing to black forever. I should have told them it is some kind of horrible disease that passes on to those who had raised children, and that i should keep him ! hahahahahah (evil laugh)
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2006, 04:22 PM
Thanks guys for all the advice Ill watch it closely and hope its just a colour change- no sign of any irritation or lump. The hairs are actually growing from the area as normal- only different is the colour