Our sister sites
Lolo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-09-2006, 08:58 PM

Ooops my mistake!

hello all hows things?

well i may have made a slight boo-boo this evening!! long story but here goes -

Decided to get a takeaway, but couldn't decide whether to get inidian or chinese, so decided to get starters from each as the shops are located next to one another! so rang up and went to collect them when ready.

Got home, me and Grae started to empty the bags out onto the table when i realised that we were some duck (for the pancakes) short, to make it more confusing we had also ordered some crispy lamb pancakes, all of which we had, just missing the duck meat.

So...... phoned the take away and spoke to the young lad and he said hang on, then the chinese lady owner came on the line and started saying that she packed them both and they are there, go and check in the car, and i was like we didn't drive we walked to pick it up and we went round and round in circles like this for like ten minutes, :smt021 in the end she said she would cook some duck but we would have to go and pick it up in 15minutes. I was all like but everything else will be cold. anyway we both put the phone down at that point.

Anyway sat down with Grae asked him to pass me the poppadoms and he passed me them, then passed me the bag of naan bread, but i was like we didn't order any naan bread - can you guess what was in the bag????

oopsie! now i feel really really bad for getting angry with her! :smt022 :smt022 :smt022
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2006, 09:01 PM
Oooops

Did you go and get the extra duck meat?
Lolo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-09-2006, 09:06 PM
Nope couldn't bring myself to, it was just too much but am feeling really really guilty! even worse part was that it was really really tasty on the pancakes!!!
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2006, 09:06 PM
What are you like
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2006, 09:07 PM
I thought I was the only one who did that...
a few years ago I was making coffee for visitors and found a piece of glass in the granules, so I posted it to Nescafe with a pompous letter of complaint
Eventually I had a letter back. They had stopped the production line and spent hours trying to work out how it had happened, without success. Amidst deep apologies, they sent me some vouchers.
About a week later, I had more visitors. I was just getting to the most indignant part of the story as I unscrewed the lid of the coffee jar, then my voice trailed off.......
There was a matching chip out of the rim of the jar so the bit I found must have been knocked off into the jar - by me!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2006, 09:10 PM
LOL I did this a while ago, i ordered some food then when it came there was no keema nan in the bag, so i rang the shop and he kept saying he'd put it in the carrier back, so i kept saying it's not there, are you going to deliver me some more....and he put the phone down on me, when i went and checked the bag...the keema nan was there He's put it flat in the bottom of the bag with everything else on top of it
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2006, 09:11 PM
oh bless, how funny are you guys!!

we've all done something like that before - and felt very silly afterwards!!
Lolo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-09-2006, 09:14 PM
i am so glad that i'm not the only one and i definitely don't feel as bad now about it! thanks guys!
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2006, 09:17 PM
The best thing is when you get someone elses order and its loads better than yours