Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-06-2006, 10:17 AM

Very annoyed

I have just got back from taking Oz to the local wood .While walking this huge AmStaff X Lab came flying out of the trees and just went straight for mine.A big scrap ensued with the Amstaff owner laughing and saying"sorry mate but he was attacked by a pitbull last week,and has been like that eversince" I grabbed the collar of the other dog (mine was onlead) and he growled at me,but what happened next stunned me.The other owner just walked up to his dog and kicked him full pelt in the balls saying "its the only way to stop him" He then went on to tell me that his dog would have killed mine and then would probably of started on me.As you can see from my members photo,im not a small bloke but it did take all my strength to keep his dog and my dog apart,whilst shouting at the other owner telling him what a total and complete a***hole he was and that if i ever saw him kick his dog like that again he would get the same off of me.Anyway i carried on my walk with a now wound up Oz,when a lady walked by me with a GSD which she grabbed hold of because mine was onlead,but Ossie went beserk on the end of the lead,something he has never done before.He never got near the dog but the woman gave me some very strange looks.Then further up into the wood i couldn't believe it a woman came around the bend with EBT and a Staff both off lead.I shouted to her that my dog had just been in a fight and was a bit wound up,but she laughed and said "oh they are fine"with that her Staff just charged straight at Ossie who started growling straight away and another fight broke out.Luckily i managed to stop it before any of the dogs were hurt.But i do have to say that the air in the woods turned blue,i gave it to this woman with both barrels.I did have one bit of luck though,as i went into the car park,i saw the Amstaff x Lab owner getting into a van and his details are now logged with the dog warden.But don't these a***holes make you mad?
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2006, 10:23 AM
The t**t-bears are all in the woods today then!??

Seriously though what a nightmare for you, hows your doggy coping today since you've been back??
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2006, 10:26 AM
Some people shouldn't be allowed the privaledge of having a dog.

After Hollie was attacked a few months ago, I kept her on lead and walks were kept to very quiet areas for a few weeks - not only for her benefit as she was left very shaken and seemed to lose confidence. Even now she is only off lead were there are no dogs as she sometimes show aggression to other dogs.

The bloke who kicked his dog should be kicked in the balls, might put his brain into gear - he obviously realises that his dog is aggressive since it was attacked, so how irresponsible to have it offlead. As for kicking the dog, absolutely disgusting behaviour.

I too have had other owners say there's are OK after I have said Hollie can be dog agressive - I give them warning then when she has a growl some have gone "oooh, she's a bit grumpy."

Some people are just plain stupid.

How is Ossie now?
loveabull
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-06-2006, 10:28 AM
People are sooo stupid, some people just shouldn,t be allowed to own dogs. Well done for reportring the man to the dog warden. I hope Oz is ok and the experience doesn't have a lasting effect on him.It's idiots like him that give Bull breeds a bad name !!
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2006, 10:32 AM
OMG Stamford I can't believe it What kind of life must that poor dog have with an owner who kicks him like that
Poor poor oz I hope he is none the worse for his attack. How upsetting for you. I hope that dog is taken away from that person. Fair play to you for getting his details.
Pity you didn't get that other gobs**ts number too
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-06-2006, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by loveabull
It's idiots like him that give Bull breeds a bad name !!
Which is what i told him in no uncertain terms.Ossie is ok,he has a small puncture wound to his nose and a bit of a scratch on his cheek which i have treated with antiseptic wipes.But he seems ok now,he is lying next to me snoring like a train at the moment.
springergirl
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-06-2006, 11:22 AM
oh poor little man (your doggie that is!!). hope he's alright and none the worse for his ordeal. some dog owners just make me seethe....
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2006, 11:27 AM
aaww big staffie kisses to Oz - what an absoulte tw*t that man is - honestly it is people like that that makes us look bad.

i hope that it doesnt have too bad an effect on oz and well done you for calling the dog warden.
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2006, 12:10 PM
Poor you and Oz! What a horrendous walk

As for that man, words fail me!
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-06-2006, 12:16 PM
Thank you for yor replies,I have calmed down now and have just had a visit from the local dog warden.She has said that she will follow up my story and get back to me.

She did annoy me at first though,she asked me if i knew what an AmStaff looked like and in a roundabout way insinuated there were a lot of people against Bull breeds and maybe i was one of them

I introduced Ossie at this point and i think that issue was settled.

She has told me that she will speak to the AmStaff/Lab owner and investigate whether or not there have been other incidents.I will keep you posted.She didn't really seem to be that interested in the woman with the EBT and Staff saying that a lot of owners are irresponsible up in that part of the woods and they are under no obligation to have their dog on a lead although they should be under control. Although to be fair to her,i didn't have any info which could lead to her being identified other than a description of her dogs and a couple of scratches on my arms.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >