Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2006, 06:00 PM

Why is it?????

...that I make an appoinment for the doctor, and he can't get me in untill July 4th, I book an appoinment for boosters at they vet, and the say "3:40 this afternoon!"

On the subject, Dusty had her booster today, she screamed the place down, and I mean SCREAMED, and that was before the vet had even put the needle anywhere near her
Honesty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-06-2006, 06:14 PM
OMG!!! LOL, very very true. I can call the vets and they say come straight down.... and My doctors they say "is it really urgent? Hmmmmm"
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2006, 06:22 PM
lol must be a nation wide thing same here
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2006, 06:25 PM
Same day down here???? As long as you go or phone at 8 am. you can always get seen the same day, BUT you can't make an appointment in advance, only the same day.

Lol, I've got one like Dusty!! My vet called it something which made me laugh last time, coz he said, "look at her, I'm not even touching her" and she was screaming her head off!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2006, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
Same day down here???? As long as you go or phone at 8 am. you can always get seen the same day, BUT you can't make an appointment in advance, only the same day.

Lol, I've got one like Dusty!! My vet called it something which made me laugh last time, coz he said, "look at her, I'm not even touching her" and she was screaming her head off!
Helena that's exactly what she was like, as soon as she's on that table that's it!
tupence2p
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-06-2006, 07:37 PM
Same day here for the doctors as well, as long as you phone that morning before 9, otherwise it's 3 or 4 days.
But yes, the vets is 'sure, bring him anytime this afternoon'.

My mum's collie always pees in the vets waiting room. When I was a kid the vets was at the end of our street and the dog wouldn't even walk past the gate!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2006, 08:40 PM
Saying that Dusty usually pees on the table, but she didn't this time so hopefully she's gonna improve each time (I live in hope!)
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2006, 10:00 PM
It's all down to money I'm afraid.
Over here you can see the doctor the same day, in fact you don't even need an appointment at most places, there is rarely a queue.
The catch? No "free" NHS here, you get charged €16 to see the doctor then pay whatever for treatment/medicine on top, unless you are retired or on benefits when it is free. JUST LIKE A VET'S in fact!
The vets are similar - just turn up, plus they are open ALL DAY on a Saturday. Very cheap, too, as regular forum members will recall me describing inprevious threads.......
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2006, 10:02 PM
It's the opposite for me????

Ring the vets and I have to wait several days.

If I'm ill I can go to the doctors the same day???

What's that all about!