Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Whiz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-11-2004, 04:48 PM

Should i do it?

Today i have been offered an excellent job, which would mean me working in a totaly different envionment to what i am used to. The salary they are offering is excellent & would mean if i took the position we would have a better quality of life as a family. We both work at the moment, but i felt the need for change and wanted to put the endless scientific qualifications i have falling out of my earholes to good use.
As i need a challenge instead of being stuck where i am now with no prospects.

I am not going to go into the details of my job offer, for fear of upsetting people on here, as its a job with what i can only describe as upsetting to some. And to be honest in light of whats going on within some forums at the moment you never know what kind of people are reading.
Anyway all i need is some advice on wether i should just go for it, or be happy as i am? kind of a little stuck on which way to go at the moment, plus the fact that i would be working away from home for the first four weeks is slightly putting me off, as i have a young daughter, what should i do? Opinions please........?
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2004, 04:49 PM
As i dont know what job , you have at the moment, and what job you are going to, i cant really advice you, sorry!
Sponge
Dogsey Veteran

04-11-2004, 04:51 PM
Whizgirl....

If it means you use your grey matter and improves your and your families quality of life....you go for it girl!

Never mind what any one else says if it something that other people might not understand or approve off TOUGH!.......

As for 4 weeks they will soon fly by.....all the excitment of a new job!.......

what is it your going to do....(broad minded me!)pm if you feel you can....
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

04-11-2004, 04:54 PM
Go with your heart Whiz, if you feel you are happy to do the 'kind of work' it is you will be doing and for the 'kind of company' that you will be working for, then I can't see any reason not to.

If however you may feel some sort of guilt or resentent for doing/working there then it may 'eat away' at you which can be quite scary as it will change the way you feel about yourself...

What ever you decide, good luck and stay happy!
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2004, 04:55 PM
It's hard to advise with out knowing what job you are going for but if it puts your family in any danger don't do it.
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2004, 04:55 PM
WG if you want to PM me and tell me the new job, i wont judge you, i will give you an honest opinion
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-11-2004, 04:56 PM
Whiz you being happy is all that matters at the end of day, if you can live with whatever it is, go for it.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

04-11-2004, 04:57 PM
p.s. like Sponge said, dont give a monkeys what other people think - go with what you feel, as from what I kno of you, u are a fairly sorted person quite capable of making such a decision.

Also like Sponge... PM me if you wante a deadly honest opinion to the exact job!
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2004, 04:58 PM
good luck whatever you decide to do
mand p
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2004, 05:00 PM
I know kinda how you feel Whizgirl, I too have just accepted a job that will pay me shed loads more money and give my family a better quality of life but it means that I will be doing some quite horrendous hours and not really see my kids much.
I sat down with them and explained why I was going to do this job and all the good reasons for doing it like better holidays and more stuff for xmas and birthdays which they then thought was cool cause of late money has been tight and I've had to say no to them more than often.
My advice is to go for it...your kids will be fine and they will thank you one day and also it will show them that in life you do have to work hard and be away sometimes to earn good money.
BTW my mother-in-law is a make-up atrist and spent an awful lot of time away from home when my husband was a kid and it's not done him any harm
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >