Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2006, 04:25 PM

how many dogs

Any of you live in council accomodation here ? if so in a house how many dogs are you allowed to have ,as i have 3 did have 4 ,no other pets only 3 dogs ,my workmate has 2 dogs a few rabbits ,lizards a bird (cockatiel i think),a few cats too ,just wondered how many pets you are allowed in council houses ,as in the council tenants book it says you can have a resonable number of pets!!!!!!!!
patterdale fan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2006, 04:34 PM
I live in a Housing Association property, which was council until last year. I just looked in tenant's handbook and it also says you're allowed to have a reasonable amount of pets. I presume this means reasonable so as not to cause trouble for others, this probably applies more to folks who neglect their pets, not animal mad dogweb type people! I wouldn't think you have anything to worry about.
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2006, 05:13 PM
Different councils have different rules, some don't stipulate a number however, if your pets prove to be a nuisance to neighbours then they can make you "get rid of them".

Where my friend lives down south they are only allowed two pets, where I live you are not limited.
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2006, 05:31 PM
i had to phone them and ask when i got ozzy i was told there is no number as ling as they dont cause a nuisance to your neighbours , and you can care and provide for them if thats any help { that was only a couple of months ago too }
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2006, 06:03 PM
Thanx folks ,just wandered how many pets your councils let you have.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2006, 06:29 PM
we live in a HA flat, and we had ben when we moved into here. but our new housing officer the cow was having a right go about having him in a flat.