Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2006, 10:00 AM

What have I signed up for?

I think I've lost the plot altogether. My mum and I are both getting pups this summer. Coincidentally they were born within days of each other.

However, my mum has to go away for a fortnight to help my very elderly grandma move house, and I've agreed to look after her new westie during that time as well as my own little treasure!:smt007

I really am looking forward to having two puppies about for a while, and it'll be good for them to have some dog-dog interaction:smt008:smt021:smt008, but imagine it! Twice the food prep, twice the training time, twice the pee-and-poo-spotting...

Anybody got any tips for me? (Withdrawing the offer is not really an option!)
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2006, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by duboing
I think I've lost the plot altogether. My mum and I are both getting pups this summer. Coincidentally they were born within days of each other.

However, my mum has to go away for a fortnight to help my very elderly grandma move house, and I've agreed to look after her new westie during that time as well as my own little treasure!:smt007

I really am looking forward to having two puppies about for a while, and it'll be good for them to have some dog-dog interaction:smt008:smt021:smt008, but imagine it! Twice the food prep, twice the training time, twice the pee-and-poo-spotting...

Anybody got any tips for me? (Withdrawing the offer is not really an option!)
HAHAHA! Get a friend to come help??

You're gonna have your work cut out for you! But, on the other hand it'll be really good, they'll be able to help each other learn bite inhibition instead of practicing on you too much and you'll have lots of fun letting them both wind you round their little paws!!

What pup are you getting?

Good luck!
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2006, 10:49 AM
Ours is an Irish Terrier. We met her for the first time the other day. She's so pretty! :smt049 :smt049 :smt049
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2006, 11:00 AM
Aw! Congratulations!

We will obviously need lots of piccies...
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2006, 11:05 AM
Oh it will be so much fun! We took Roxy round to meet a puppy on Saturday and it was nice that she slept for once!!!! At least if they have eachother to keep themselves amuzed, it wont be tiring you out too much, except of course all the tidying up you have to do after them. Lol
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2006, 11:16 AM
Congratulations on your new pup , how old is she? How old will they be when you have them both at the same time? Im sure it will be hard work but good fun! It will be nice for the pups to have each other to play with, introducing them to each other early on and getting them used to each other before they are living together for two weeks will help the transistion be and easy one for them both, also having them apart for a time each day when they are living together may help stop them getting to independent on each others company and so less of a wrench when they are seperated again afterwards
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2006, 11:24 AM
The pups are 4 weeks old now (all wobbly-legged and bleary!) but they will be 11 weeks when Meg comes to stay with us. Good advice abouut separating them out for a period each day. I even thought about having them sleeping apart - probably in the same room but separate pens. My mum wouldn't be too pleased if she came to collect Meg and couldn't take her because they'd got too attached
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2006, 02:53 PM
It will be hard work as you say, but lots of fun too.Its only for two weeks, it'll fly by.............hopefully.
Molly2606
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2006, 04:21 PM
your soooo gonna have your hands full, but what a great time you'll have
post piccys