Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2006, 05:21 AM

barking dog - till 1.30am

just want some advice about my lovely neighbour's dog. it started barking and whining about 10.00pm and continued to past 1.30am in the morning. i got so p***** off that i tried ringing the rspca but couldnt be bothered to hang on the phone for up to 10 mins.

any advice would be welcome as this has been going on ever since they have had this dog. it used to bark all day every day but now it only does it when it is left in the evening.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2006, 05:56 AM
Have you tried approaching your neighbour? It's probably driving her crazy too, and I'm sure she is trying desperately to find a solution. She may appreciate some advice from another doggy person.....
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2006, 06:03 AM
wont drive her crazy as they were all out and thats why dog does it.... v. tired at the moment
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-05-2006, 06:08 AM
If they are out they may not realize that the dog is continually barking, so a friendly word might resolve the problem. I doubt very much that the RSPCA would get involved unless the barking is caused by abuse or what they would term as neglect. I think the local council would be the best place to go if the issue cannot be resolved as they should investigate 'nuisance' barking?
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2006, 06:09 AM
I agree with Vicki, approach your neighbour, it can be done in a neighbourly fashion. I know how miserable it can get you as we lived next to 2 Dobi's once and they were allowed to bark morning noon and night. Hope things get better soon x
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2006, 06:10 AM
i was going to say the envirmental health ppl, they will ask u to keep a log of times dates ect, b4 they take any action. good luck with that one
Molly2606
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2006, 11:27 AM
its a toughie ! you could try having a nice talk with your neighbour if they fail to act get in touch with enviromental health. good luck and keep us posted.
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-05-2006, 10:42 PM
Buy a giant kong take it round as a gift explain the dog is miserable without their company and you thought this "pressie" may help keep it entertained and quiet whilst they are out... Yes it's money out of your pocket BUT it may work and shut the dog up and if it doesn't work you at least appear nice/kind to your neighbours, which will help you in any further negotiations about the barking! You can always get Environmental Health involved if the issue cannot be resolved .. I would start to keep a record of any noise and conversations about the problem now.. as it is all relevant to any future complaint.. hope you can sort it out before you are made completely Bonkers by it!
Rachel
mark meek
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-05-2006, 11:07 PM
its how i got cassie . my mate had two dogs , a terier and cassie NT. next door had a great dane. great dane stuck his head over the wall terrier wound cassie up cassie barked. council got involved about the noise . letter sent . now i love cassie and the whole world and his wife would haft to fight me to give her back . but dont you think a bit of talking could save some stares and make some smiles
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2006, 11:25 PM
I would talk to the owners of the dog and say it as it is, difficult I know but I bet everyone who is living in the street feels the same way, it must be awful really my heart goes out to you
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >