View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
springergirl
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-04-2006, 06:40 AM

what dog insurance companies does everyone use..?

hi all,

which insurance companies do you think are the best to insure my 2 dogs with? i have a 5 year old and a 9 year old? i have had varying quotes from NFU, direct line, petplan and morethan. most wont insure my 9 year old girl, but morethan does. i have had quotes ranging from £13 a month upto £23 a month for my 5 year old boy. morethan seem to be the best as far as i can see, because they will insure my 9 year old girl. for the 2 of them i think it works out about £36 a month. also with my vets they will not accept payment direct from the insurer! so i have to cough up first then claim it back! cheers everyone
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-04-2006, 06:58 AM
I use More Than and M&S. More Than keep increasing the premiums even though we have not claimed in 3 years M&S seem the best out of the two I use.

If you search this section you will find quite a few threads regarding insurance which should help you
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-04-2006, 07:16 AM
I used Asda with Zanta and made a claim and they paid out very quickly,think the premium was about £11 a month and a £50 xs,check them out on line,and have a look can't lose anything.
Sansorrella
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-04-2006, 07:44 AM
I use Petplan free insurance for my pups but don't actually insure my dogs other than for third party, as there are too many of them.

But from friends that have insurance I understand M&S are good at paying out and also Petplan.

Be sure you read the small print because a lot of the ones offering cheaper insurance only pay out a certain amount, or for the first 12 months, so won't continue paying for life with a lifelong condition.
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-04-2006, 07:58 AM
M & S for Poppy. It was between them and MoreThan, mainly because not many others insured for the period of a condition, most were for 12 months per condition. And having a breed of dog that is prone to a few long term conditions, I decided that M & S would be the best ones. For a CKCS I pay £116 per year, that's with £70 excess.
mackleback
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2006, 08:06 AM
I use M&S.
springergirl
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-04-2006, 08:24 AM
Hi there,

i have just had a quote from M & S for sam (my 5 year old), and its £13.87 per month with no excess. which i think is pretty good as my quote for him from NFU was £23 odd. it has a lifetime cover policy too and £7000 vet fees. also my 9 year old is £22 per month and is covered for vet fees. whereas i couldnt insure her with petplan and NFU. so think i'll be taking my business to M & S. they also pay out direct to the vets!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-04-2006, 08:32 AM
I have got mine with M&S and it is £10.70 for one and £9.70 for the other as you get a discount for a second dog. I double checked as to whether it was for the lifetime of the condition or just for that year and they assured me that as long as I kept paying my premiums I would be covered no matter what the condition was, which I think was excellent as Petplan was probably double this as was More Than. I also believe (although not found out because not got of my butt and rung them) that if you pay an extra £1 a month your excess is covered.
I found the people at the call centre really nice and helpful as well which is unusual these days, most times you need an interpreter!!!
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2006, 08:36 AM
I have tesco. £5 for my cat and £10 for Roxy. Havn't made a claim yet, so not sure how good they actually are. But for that price they do cover a wide range of things.
AlbionLass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-04-2006, 09:13 AM
I use M&S, I've used PetPlan in the past who were great.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >