View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2006, 04:15 PM

sedatives for dogs (to calm dog that dislikes its teeth cleaned)

was just windering some members last bonfire night we talking about sedatives to keep a dog calm

what did you use ?
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2006, 04:29 PM
mine are all ok I used to play that CD crash Bang Wallop when they were pups it seemed to have done the trick.

Mo
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2006, 04:40 PM
mine are ok as well .its for a friend
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2006, 04:44 PM
She could try Bachs rescue remedy from Boots chemist - a lot of people swear by it. Pets at home sell something called Serene-um for about £5 a packet which is meant to be for this purpose.
sweetmimi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-04-2006, 04:45 PM
I have one dog that is terrfied of fireworks and thunderstorms and I got the rescue remedy from the herbalist shop I think they sell it in most of those stores and some chemists have it as well It works fine if you start using it about a week before bonfire night and I use it for a couple of weeks after as well, as they still have fireworks here for a few weeks.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2006, 05:33 PM
Sun esssences have remedies for fear of fireworks their site is off line at present but you can ring or e mail them on

01263 732942 or vivien@sunessence.co.uk
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2006, 08:54 PM
The Dog can still hear and feel terrified, but can not do any thing about it when sadated.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2006, 08:58 PM
ok lets rephrase my origional post ............its the stuff people gave their dogs for fireworks i didn't say that was the reason my friend wanted some ...infact it because her dog is snappy when having its teeth cleaned and today she noticed something stuck between 2 back teeth so wanted to buy something just to ease the dogs nerves ( rescue remedy didn't help ) so she could release it
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

26-04-2006, 06:48 AM
Tell her to try the Bach rescue remedies Inca

http://www.bachfloweressences.co.uk/dynamic/us/

Mind if she can`t get it out she might have to go the vet so they can get it out.
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-04-2006, 08:03 AM
I used a Bach's rescue remedy on Poppy, started about a week before bonfire night, as fireworks always seem to start well in advance. The first few nights she was more settled, but still quiet, just looked up when she heard something, but by bonfire night and the few nights after, she was more couragous and actually barked at the fireworks, wanting to go out to the back door to see what the noise was. I had tried a DAP diffuser previously to calm her down when next door where doing some DIY, but it didn't do a thing. The Bach's was a lot better, she was far more relaxed.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >