Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stephi103
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-04-2006, 04:36 PM

A dog attacked my puppy today and angry with the owner

We were out for a lovely walk at the beach today and this little jack russel came up to Dougal and started to growl at Dougal, Dougal just stood there and let him sniff him and he was still growling at him so I started to walk away thinking he oviously doesn't want to be friends and then he started to attack Dougal, really horrible, Dougal was yelping and crying so I lifted him up and DP shouted at the dog to get him away, I looked up to see where the owner was and they were no where to be seen , some other people had seen this and told me where the owner, she was laying there with a coat over her face suning herself! I put Dougal back down and the dog did it again. Dougal in no way at all was being unfriendly, wagging his tail at first and he didn't even defend him self, just yelping and trying to get away. poor little thing!

I was SOOOOOOOO angry, I shouted over to her 'excuse me, your dog has attacked mine can you get your dog' She was quite a way away. Everyone was looking as they saw it all!

Told her that if her dog isn't friendly that it shouldn't be let off the lead let alone not even being watched. She didn't even say sorry.

Just not sure why he did it really. Just so angry about the lady being so irresponsible and not even watching her dog, I would never let my dog off the lead and not be watching even if he was the most friendlest dog ever
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2006, 04:39 PM
She obviously had more important things on her mind... tanning
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2006, 04:48 PM
Where in the UK was there sun today? I must go there

Sorry to hear of the incident, unfortunately it does happen and all too often I'm afraid. Glad to hear you did the right thing and rescue your puppy away from the trouble. Our pup also has been bitten by older dogs more times than I wish to count but at least there is a way to get them over the trauma of such an event, and it sounds like you are doing a great job.

Stephi103
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-04-2006, 04:58 PM
I am glad that it happened as every dog that Dougal has come accross has been nice and playful and this has taught him that not every dog is nice, more angry with her!

We live down South! Been a lovely day!
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2006, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by maplecottage
Where in the UK was there sun today? I must go there

Sorry to hear of the incident, unfortunately it does happen and all too often I'm afraid. Glad to hear you did the right thing and rescue your puppy away from the trouble. Our pup also has been bitten by older dogs more times than I wish to count but at least there is a way to get them over the trauma of such an event, and it sounds like you are doing a great job.

Blue sky and sunshine all day today here in Bristol
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2006, 05:10 PM
What a horrible experience - hope Dougal is OK, you too.
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2006, 05:16 PM
Been lovly sunshine hear.

What an awful dog owner. Hope Dougal hasn't bee too badly affected by the exsperience.

Min xxx
Kira87
New Member!
Female 

10-04-2006, 06:09 PM
I'm Sorry to here that hope Dougal is ok. Unfortunately there are a few down my way like that, I now make sure I have my mobile with me so I can take pictures of the dog(s) and owner and make as many people as possible aware of these people.

I took my Mals down rock park a while ago and got into a heated arguement with an irrisponsible dog owner as her dog was trying to attack mine. I had to keep mine behind me for their safety and this woman refused to put her dog on a lead and I yelled at her heaps to which she replied "What's a matter you on drugs?" I was sooo livid. If anything had happened to my dogs I probably would have ripped her head off.

What beach was this?

Worse thing is these people give us RESPONSIBLE owners a bad name too as many people tend to tar us with the same brush.

Rant over now!
We've had great weather here too.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2006, 06:11 PM
Aw so sorry to hear this.

If it makes you feel any better, Takara was attacked by a black GSD when she was about 10 weeks old (as in Takara's face was in GSD's mouth) but she still sees this GSD (who is usually lovely) and yesterday ran straight up to a black GSD in the park. Obviously I was a little worried and it proves that my dog is as thick as two short ones, but at least it didn't affect her! Hopefully Dougal will be the same.

I really hate it when you come across an owner like that it makes you want to say 'OMG! Your feet have self conbusted!' just to see whether they have a reaction.
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2006, 06:20 PM
I think some dogs just don't like puppies

And some owners are just crap.

There has only been one occasion when a dog has properly gone for Bodhi, and it wasn't nice. She is just like your pup - placid as you like with other dogs. I always worry they will make her more defensive and snap one day.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >