View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tara_G
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-04-2006, 12:02 AM

Anyone taken their dog's to center parcs?

We're thinking of going to center parcs sometime in the autumn and debating whether or not to take Ellie with us, if we don't take her we'd have to kennel her which I'm not happy about as I don't think she'd cope with it very well and I'd worry about her the whole time we were away.
We'd be going to the longleat one which is about an hour and a halfs drive from us and she doesn't travel very well, her previous owners told us she used to get quite car sick, so far the longest we've taken her in the car is about 1/2 an hour and she wasn't sick but did drool a lot and got a bit restless but did spend most of the time lying down quietly.
The other problem is she can be a bit destructive when left on her own, so I was thinking about maybe getting a crate for her to take with us, I'd get it a few months in advance of us going so she can get used to it, do you think that would work?
I'd really appreciate any tips from people who have first hand experience of taking dog's to center parcs, I've never been before so have no idea what it's like.
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2006, 12:11 AM
I have never been to center parcs but i think it would be a good idea to get a crate i got one for my dogs cos we went away xmas and the dogs were find in it.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2006, 10:18 AM
Hi!
Are you allowed to leave the dogs unattended in the villas at Center Parcs? I have a feeling that you're not allowed to but I could be wrong...
A crate would be a good idea for night time though.
I've never taken a dog to Centre Parks and would be interested to know how you get on if you take her. I have been a few times though with friends and children and am not sure we could do it if the dogs aren't allowed to stay unaccompanied in the villas. A lot of the activities would mean you have to do that and whilst the grounds are pretty ( not been to the Longleat one) it's not like 'proper' countryside! I sort of see the point of going to Centre Parks as joining in with the activities offered or using the pool etc, if you want a countrified doggy holiday I'd suggest hiring a cottage or something it would probably be cheaper as well!!!!! It's a lot of money if you can't join in with things because you can't leave your doggy unattended in the villa!!!! Hope this helps, would really be interested to know what you decide and how it goes...
Tara_G
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-04-2006, 11:08 AM
There's not any info on their site about leaving them on their own in the villa, we've requested a brouchere and a dvd so will have a good look through those and phone to double check. I did have a search round the internet for any reviews from someone who had taken a dog and did come across this one:

'I am taking my dog at xmas. I spoke to Center Parcs and from what I could make out, you cannot take them into the public buildings or leave them unattended. When you leave them in the villa you must leave a sign in the window letting people know a dog is inside. They must be on a leash at all times and only use the doggie toilets.'

the review was written in January this year, so sounds like it's ok to leave them unattended in the villa.
We're looking at center parcs rather than a cottage as we've got a 3 year old little boy and the couple we're planning on going with have an 18 month old son, so need plenty of activites to keep them amused, plus having the creche on-site would be great so that we can have a few hours to ourselves.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2006, 11:14 AM
Hi,
Yes that's about how old the kids we took with us were, 2 younger one older (including our son!) which is why I think you need to be able to leave your doggy unattended...read the small print in the back of the brochure or phone them as I do think it would be difficult to get the best out of the holiday ( as it';s not cheap!) if you couldn't leave her on her own...if you can go for it you'll have a fantastic time with children of that age!!! Book the activities in advance though as you don't stand a chance once you're there!!!!! Let me know...could be tempted!!!!