Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

22-03-2006, 08:21 PM

SLF in Cambridge.

Went to see Stiff Little Fingers at The Junction in Cambridge last night. They were awesome! This despite some of them clearly showing it's been 20 years since they first strutted their punk stuff...

I've only got a couple of albums of theirs, but most of the stuff they played was familiar. I think they played just about every track off the live album they released years ago called Hanx! I suppose why mess with what's proven to work eh? They also played a few newer things, which rocked just as much!

The audience were a sight to behold! I suppose there were 4 main catagories:
Old punks who still have the hair (Receeding hairline allowing. ) safety pins etc.

Then there were the old punks who you now wouldn't look twice at in the street.

Then the late teen/early 20s, most of whom were looking the punk part quite convincingly.

The youngest were early/pre teen in their kiddies size SLF teeshirts. Generally with the old punks you wouldn't look twice at down the shops. With their Mum/Dad I guess.

There was a damn good atmosphere, a bit of crowd surfing and chucking beer glasses (Plastic, of course.) to add a bit of authenticity, but mostly people were having a damn goods time. I did!
sez
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-03-2006, 09:18 PM
wow blast from the past ,i used to be a punk,used to make all our own gear,still got my albums,slaughter and the dogs,sex pistols,magazine,x-ray spex,to name but a few,used to have a mohican to be proud of,went to see uk subs a few years ago,brill,
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-03-2006, 09:22 PM
I didn't realise SLF were still gigging Saw them in Belfast about 12 or 13 years ago and they were great but I thought they looked a bit past their best then. Good to know they're still gving it everything though
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

22-03-2006, 09:42 PM
Jake Burns is certainly, er, more of a man than he used to be... But he can still jump around the stage like a goodun!

What was really great was that Ali McMordie re-joined the band this year, after years away. You wouldn't have known there was a 'new' member from what I saw last night though.

Here's a pic from www.slf.com:

(Not from last night. That one's from Middlesborough, I think...)
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2006, 01:32 AM
Glad you had a good time