Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shadow_the_staff
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-03-2006, 02:02 PM

Really annoyed/We'll show them.

Not sure where I should post this but here goes.

Im really annoyed at the trainer of the dog training class I go to.

We only have two weeks left, and shadow has learned so much, Im so proud of her! She knows "come", "stay", "find", and is walking MUCH better on the lead, not quite "heel" but we're getting there.

Well the trainer told me last week that me and shadow doesnt have much chance of passing the course because of the problem she has with her head/balance. Now I told the trainer on day 1 of the course about shadows problem, and they didnt seem to care, took my money and enrolled her on the course, now with only two weeks left they tell me its a problem!

I think what topped it off was that the trainer asked to use shadow to show an example of a new thing we were going to learn, she asked shadow to go into a sit (which she has known how to do since 8 weeks!) , shadow was tired, and this makes her balance worse, so she was ending up flopping on the floor, as basically the room is spinning for her, so the trainer is trying to drag her into a sit position, but it just wiont work, shadow doesnt have the balance to stay upright, so the trainer gives her back to me and uses a different dog. Then later on approaches me and says pretty much, that with shadow having an episode where her balance goes she wont pass the course, cos she wont be able to follow the basic commands. This REALLY p****d me off. How dare she!

So we'll show her, me and shadow will do our damned hardest to pass this course and show them that we CAN do it. She can eat her word then.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2006, 02:05 PM
Good on you How dare she

Good Luck
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-03-2006, 02:34 PM
Thats the spirit Shadow,you show her that she is wrong.What she said was out of order.Good luck with passing the course and proving this silly woman wrong.
shadow_the_staff
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-03-2006, 02:55 PM
Thanks guys, fingers crossed we will pass, I know its only a bit of paper at the end of the day, but she was out of order!
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2006, 03:01 PM
If it's a club i'd report her to the committee. Personally i'm not keen on trainers that use other peoples dogs to demonstrate new behaviours, at our club older more experienced dogs are used a) because they can do it and show what the behaviour should look like and b) the majority of dog training is training the handlers not the dog. This person has no right to treat you or your dog like that - go for it and prove her wrong then look around for a more understanding trainer!!!

H xx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-03-2006, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by shadow_the_staff
Well the trainer told me last week that me and shadow doesnt have much chance of passing the course because of the problem she has with her head/balance. Now I told the trainer on day 1 of the course about shadows problem, and they didnt seem to care, took my money and enrolled her on the course, now with only two weeks left they tell me its a problem!

Rachel don't stress about it, if Shadow has kept up with the others up till now, unless the trainer has special powers she can't really say what Shadow will do in the next two classes.

If Shadow doesn't pass does it matter anyway? You know have far your little dog has come in spite of her rough start .

Passing or not is after all just words and not really that important ....what Shadow has achieved is the important thing.

If you fail I would keep your dignity and say something like..."Ok we may have failed the course as a whole but given the handicap Shadow had when we joined the class I think she has had the greatest amount to learn and cope with, she is a real winner to me "
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2006, 03:15 PM
Minihaha is sooooo right and good with words, take her advice if you do not get that piece of paper, however we shall be rooting for you to get it, xx
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-03-2006, 03:25 PM
go for it and think how proud your'll be when you pass!
shadow has done so well upto now give her the chance to shine and show the trainer what for.
we have ever faith in you both..........
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2006, 03:39 PM
ou go for it ,fingers crossed for you what a b...y cheeck your trainer had ,if its the gc awards it wont even be her that takes the test so dont worry about it and have fun ,
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2006, 04:16 PM
Pass the course????? But from what you say, she has done that already!! So what is a stupid bit of paper going to add to her achievements?
If you DO get a piece of paper at the end I should invite Shadow to eat it!

And yes, I would complain about the trainer too!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >