Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2005, 02:30 PM

Supplement prices

For those that use supplements for your pets, how much do you pay?
I'm not very well off, so am looking for the best prices

I have found:
Green Lipped Mussel 250mg, 100 tablets £4.95
or 300 tablets for £12.95

Flax Seed Oil 1000mg, 90 tablets £4.95
or 300 tablets £16.95

Or is liquid form better? If so,
Flax Seed Oil Liquid, 360ml £7.95

Are these good prices, and which is better, liquid or tablet form of Flax seed oil?

Thanks
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

30-09-2005, 04:48 PM
Hi Hevvur, these prices sound cheap enough to me.Personally i give my dogs hemp seed oil as it contains the highest percentage and ideal ratio [3:1] of omega 6 and omega 3 essential fatty acids of all the vegetable oils and is low in saturated fats.It also has omega 9 and GLA. With flaxseed oil you will find it is very high in omega 3 but low in 6 and 9 and no GLA. Iv'e just ordered 180 x 1000mg capsules from www.healthydirect.co.uk for £15.99. I give my dogs 1 per day each....If anyone reads this and knows a better price then please let me know.....Cheers...Ian..
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2005, 05:48 PM
hi heather

ok - think thats a good price for all of those - its cheaper than what i had paid - so defintely ok - the above link that Ian supplied - is good - they seem to be pretty reasonable- its also wortrh checking out holland & barrat when they have a super duper sale and stock up on it !!

also if you are going to order alot then it might be worth phoning the supplier and seeing if they discount for a bulk buy
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2005, 05:58 PM
I checked holland and barrett, as they have a sale on, but it is still more expensive!
This is the website I found the above prices on: http://www.zipvit.co.uk/
Postage is either free, or £1 if you aren't as 'local'.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by IanIOW
Hi Hevvur, these prices sound cheap enough to me.Personally i give my dogs hemp seed oil as it contains the highest percentage and ideal ratio [3:1] of omega 6 and omega 3 essential fatty acids of all the vegetable oils and is low in saturated fats.It also has omega 9 and GLA. With flaxseed oil you will find it is very high in omega 3 but low in 6 and 9 and no GLA. Iv'e just ordered 180 x 1000mg capsules from www.healthydirect.co.uk for £15.99. I give my dogs 1 per day each....If anyone reads this and knows a better price then please let me know.....Cheers...Ian..
Is this the right product?
Hemp Oil - 1000mg - is derived from the marijuana plant, but does not have any psychoactivity and therefore is safe to take. It is a rich source of essential fatty acids including Omega 3 and Omega 6. Hemp Oil is a natural treatment for heart and blood pressure conditions and could possibly help with rheumatoid arthritis.

By the way, the website link I gave above sells 180 x 1000mg of Hemp oil for £11.45.
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

30-09-2005, 06:35 PM
Hi Hevvur, Yes thats the right product...Thanks for the link, that wil save me a few quid next time.....Cheers....Ian..
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2005, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by IanIOW
That's an excellent website, just ordered some fish oil+VitE and glucosamine+MSM+VitC+chondriton! Can't be bad, and with free postage too!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2005, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd
That's an excellent website, just ordered some fish oil+VitE and glucosamine+MSM+VitC+chondriton! Can't be bad, and with free postage too!

Did you try the website I said? Most prices seem to be cheaper
from what I have seen
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2005, 08:09 PM
Yeah thanks! Will keep that in my favourites for next time! That vegetarian glucosamine looks like really good quality too, same sort of stuff that's in synflex!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2005, 08:13 PM
I have just ordered green lipped mussel, and Hemp oil!
I only got the small sizes, as want to see if they help first!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >