Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2005, 10:19 AM

Ended up on my bum at the park this morning

Took the dogs out for their walk at 05:15 this morning (always walk them at this time) and no-one usually uses the park at this time but it was like Piccadilly Circus this morning so I put my two (8st Rottie and 6st GSD) on their leads as it was still dark and I know their senses are heightened when it's dark.

This park has a specific running track around it so it obviously does get joggers. I see a jooger with her dog (off lead) running behind us so I walk more into the centre of the park to let her pass so we could continue our walk (my dogs were on lead). Were standing there waiting for her to pass and her dog (black lab) decides to bolt over to us, it gets to us and starts growling at my two, so obviously my two start grumbling back and lunging for the lab, Im holding on to my two for dear life here and ask the woman to get her dog, she strolls over and occassionally tried to grab her dog, meantime her dog has really gruffed at Murphy (Rottie) who then tried to hide behind my legs but Jesse (GSD) is having none of it and stands her ground, and yo and behold - I get pulled off my feet on to my bum :smt101 , still holding onto my dogs and get dragged a few feet across the park (still on my bum and digging my heels in), I then tell the woman if she doesn't get hold of her dog I'm letting mine go - she got hold of her dog pretty quickly at that point

The dippy woman then asks me, do I usually walk my dogs at this time, at which I replied yes, 7 days a week, she replied 'oh, I was 10 minutes early this morning, thats why this has happened' and off she trundled back home with her dog

I was left in the middle of the park, on my bum - so what else could I do but laugh and laugh and then Murphy decided to come and sit on me :smt043

I think I certainly need a round of applause for managing to keep hold of my two (14 st of dog(s), although my arms feel like they are down at my ankles right now

What a start to a day
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2005, 10:22 AM
Sorry but I had to laugh I can just imaging you holding on with heels dug in, but what a stupid woman.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2005, 10:25 AM
Holy cow Steph

I'm glad you didnt get hurt...

Some people are really annoying arent they??

Hopefully the rest of the day will be better than this start
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-09-2005, 10:25 AM
Oh dear at least you could laugh,not funny though so annoying whn people show no real concern over something their dog started.She could of offered to help you up and check you were ok.Lets hope she is late tomorrow,put your padding on incase she isn't.
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2005, 10:29 AM
the thing that gets me is that she showed no real concern for her dogs safety at all, and never mind the fact that I put my dogs on a lead out of respect for her and her dog, and look what happened
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by Zantababy
Oh dear at least you could laugh,not funny though so annoying whn people show no real concern over something their dog started.She could of offered to help you up and check you were ok.Lets hope she is late tomorrow,put your padding on incase she isn't.
I don't think she's going to want to run into my and mine any time soon, Im certainly not changing my dogs walking times, I get up early enough as it is but for the next few days I'll only take one of mine with me so if we do come across each other again I can take hold of the situation better - literally
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2005, 10:32 AM
Wow Steph, 5am, you're brave, it must be pitch black at that time!!! Glad you can laugh about it and you weren't hurt, I'd of let mine off if it was me I'm afraid, if her dog had of turned nasty they couldn't have got away and you would have been caught in the middle

You may need to get your winter woolies with longer arms in this winter mate
spike_the_staffy
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-09-2005, 10:34 AM
:smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038
Well done, so you got a sore bum? :smt043
take these with you next time >>> :smt071
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-09-2005, 10:35 AM
lol
hows your bum?
it aint funny but been there and it does p you off went ppl dont get the dog,
think of it this wat its building your muscles.
if i take both mine i have about 16 stone on the lead and like yours if a dog grumbles they wont back down.
can you do sit stay with them? that what i do with mine, tob is ok unless a dog gets in his face hol jumps around on the stop like a kangroo.grrr

at least murphy gave you a cuddle after.......we chilling mum?
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2005, 10:39 AM
thats what my hubby says too, I should of just let them go

but my dogs are a Rottie and GSD and if it had got nasty that Lab wouldn't of stood a chance against my two and whose dog(s) would of got the blame and demanded to be pts - I couldn't risk that, I love my dogs too much.

I would like to say that my dogs are not outwardly aggressive to other dogs, the opposite infact, but they will stand they're ground when grumbled at.

I have to walk the dogs that early cause I leave home for work at 07:30 and before that I have to walk the dogs, feed them, clean out and feed the rabbits and then shower and get ready for work (luckily I ave a live in au pair that sorts the kids out when they get up). I actually enjoy walking that early as then normally no-one else and they get to be off lead the whole time and it sets me up for the day.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >