Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-11-2014, 05:40 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Friday).

Morning everyone and yes I am up at this hour. In fact I was woken at 5 by a screeching noise. It was the wait for it.......... The boiler. Pressure had dropped to zero. All turned off so once again no heating or hot water.
I topped the boiler up and watched the pressure drop before my eyes. Poked around with the torch and I seem to have another leak it is very wet on the left hand side of the floor of the boiler.
Have emailed Matt in the hopes he checks his emails early if no reply may try ringing about 8-8.30. I am hoping he can pop along today to take a look and sort it. Off to put the straight jacket on now.

On the plus side Dillon's leg seems much easier this morning.

Nippy Jen hope your boiler is behaving itself.
That you are drying out Malka. Not literally and that everyone is well and all doglets too.
Good luck today to Leah Eileen's youngest in her next lot of exams.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2014, 06:43 AM
Morning Lynn. What a pain. Hope you get it sorted soon and that it isn't a big job. I too am awake early but I did have a better nights sleep. Hope everyone else has had a good night. I may have to take Sara to the docs today because she has a trapped nerve in her leg. At least she thinks that is what it is. After the flu it could be a part of it. Who knows. Lol!! Well must get up. I am in bed typing this. Amazingly tablet behaving. bfn.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2014, 07:52 AM
Morning all.
OMG Lynn, not again! You poor thing, such a worry for you. I hope it's not going to be too cold today and that Matt can get to you. I have to say mine is now working well, or maybe I shouldn't say that!
Morning Brenda, I hope the doctor can sort Sara's leg out. Didn't you say she had a bad shoulder too? Hope she is well soon
A dark and windy day here. I'm about to strip the bed off so see you all later.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2014, 08:20 AM
Morning Nippy. Fingers crossed eh!! Haven't had to take Sara as she did what I said and went to bed with her leg wrapped in a warm wheat pad and has woken up more or less pain free. I know how she did it now. Standing on damp concrete on duty at work making sure all the students were wearing proper uniform. Think I will have to buy her some thermal socks for christmas as she has to do this duty every three weeks. They take it in turn. Anyway hope everyone else has a good day. Grey and overcast here but they do say we might get some sun. Always makes us all feel better. Including the dogs. I am sure they don't like this miserable weather. But that could be because we don't and they feel our moods. I have radio heart on and they are playing christmas songs. Hm thinking of christmas when do you all put your trees and decorations up. That's if you do? Hows Mabs today tw? bfn.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-11-2014, 08:41 AM
Morning brenda glad the tablet is working and that Sara's leg is feeling better.
Morning Nippy Jen I have everything crossed your boiler keeps working.

Rang Mat at 8 thinking that's not too early but guess what he is on a weekend break away in York. $&*^*$% is all I can say. Did a few things he suggested none have worked sounds like another leak to me I could hear little squirty noises and there are some wet pipes. Topped up boiler several times tried heating but that's not responding so obviously the hot water isn't either.
Matt will be round at 2.30 Monday. Fingers crossed something simple. Have a few logs but can't go out yet to top them up waiting for delivery fingers crossed that comes early and it will be kettle boiling for washing up and hair wash and strip washes again. At least its warmer today as its damp.
Hey ho such is life off to have a nervous breakdown.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2014, 08:55 AM
Good morning everyone,

Lynn, so sorry to hear that your boiler is playing up again. Glad that at least Dillon's leg is improving.

Brenda
poor Sara hope she is soon well again.

Nippy Jen,
trust all is well with you.

Have a good day everyone, God bless.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-11-2014, 09:40 AM
Morning all

Lynn - I do not know what to say about your boiler except Booger. Being cold is bad enough but strip washes in the cold is brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. We actually have sun at the moment so I am hoping that the water will heat sufficiently for a shower - had no hot water for days now.

Can you find a supplier of sanitary necessities - the sort of place that supplies care homes? If you can, see if they have adult wipes - like baby wipes but very large and ideal for an all-over "wash". I always have some for when there is no hot water, and also for cleaning Da Booga when she is all messy after a seizure.

Actually, apart from the ones that get soiled when cleaning Da Booga, the others I chuck in a bucket and they then go in the washing machine with white/light stuff as once dry they make brilliant dusters etc.

How is Dillon's paw this morning?

Hope everyone else is problem-free and that all are well and have a good day.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2014, 09:46 AM
Morning everyone
Oh no Lynn, sorry to see that your boiler is playing up again
Brenda hope Sarah is feeling better today
Nippy hope you have a good day, well once you sorted the bedding
Seems grey and dismal again here, Rosie isn't bothering to move lol
Might take Lauryn out for breakfast if she surfaces
See you later
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2014, 10:12 AM
Oh Lynn, i really am sorry to hear the boiler has packed up again...i hope the weekend isn't too cold, at least you will have Gorden to keep you warm!
Very grey and damp here today, will need to try and walk the dogs earliesh and then go and get my stitches out late afternoon...hooray!!!
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2014, 10:25 AM
Good morning

Oh dear Lynn that boiler is really giving you problems. Do hope the weather stays warm so that your wood burner is all you need to keep warm.

Nippy I did the bed yesterday so enjoy

Good luck having the stitches out Griff.

Eileen good luck to your youngest today with her exams.

Brenda I leave putting up Christmas decorations to as late as possible and then take them down as soon as guest have left by the 3rd January

Nice day here at the moment so another load of washing has been put out hopefully will be dry enough to iron later. Teazle walked and have dusted and hoovered. Now having a coffee.

Hope you all have a good day.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »