Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2014, 06:39 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread Thursday

Good morning all Dogsey Peeps

Up early again, so I shall be up on the clifftops by 7 am I hope just as the sun comes up, cos they've promised me it will.

Dave's not coming home tonight, he's far too busy at work and being back in his caravan, he can do the extra days if he needs to. Of course, this will mean the bathroom won't get touched over the week-end as we have the other van to fire up and sort out. Tomorrow I will go up there and make a start as I keep putting it off.

I went awol last night as my friend who had the pneumonia rang me and by the time we finished talking it was bedtime. Reading up on last night's gave me a good laugh though Dogsey after dark is not the place to be for those of normal disposition, like myself, so good thing I was on the phone methinks I would hate to be led astray.

Hope everyone is good today, along with the doglets, enjoy the sunshine if you've got it, but I think it's only my little corner which is getting it all today, so there!

Catch you all later then.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-03-2014, 06:54 AM
Morning Helena I thought was up early but seems you beat me too it.
Enjoy your walk with the sun coming up.

Feeling really cr@p this morning thought I might be feeling better, oh well hopefully I will as the day goes on.
Not sure what the weather is doing here today at the moment it is dry but dull fingers crossed no rain.
Gorden home tonight for another long weekend think he is back to work Monday.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-03-2014, 07:12 AM
Morning H, morning Lynn, morning all

I had problems sleeping last night and knowing that this thread usually goes on way past my normal knocking off time I thought I would get up and see if anyone was around. Well our lovely new friend Gordon Mac was so I thought goodo - only he did not respond so I went back to bed. Staggered up this morning as Nir is due shortly, hadda looksee and Gordon had answered after I had given up!

But I shoved the rest of the new towels in the machine to wash overnight and they are now in the drier. Those towels from John Lewis - well the first lot I washed yesterday - came up four times as thick and soft than when they were delivered! Of course the only problem is that I do not have enough cupboard space so they are back in the carton in which they came! The way things are going here I will not be able to move for cartons of this, that, and t'other!

One day I will be sorted but when that day will come I do not know!

Hope you feel better pdq Lynn and that everyone has as good a day as they could wish for.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2014, 07:16 AM
Morning all,

Helena, hope you enjoy your walk.

Lynn, poor you, hope you feel better soon.

Morning Malka, hope Nir's visit goes well.

Off to work this morning, normal day hopefully. Then tonight have the docs (ran out of happy pills) and cadets. That's as far as my plans go at the moment.

Got tomorrow morning off so I can go see Davie's depute rector with Brian and Davie about him returning to school. Looking forward to the lie in to be honest, I'm shattered and needing some real sleep. Brian was sick as a dog last night (he says it wasn't drink but I think it was), so sleep was not easy in coming.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2014, 07:44 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

I was awake early as OH left at 6 for Goodwood. I did doze for a while but then the dogs decided I really should get up They do make me laugh 'cos they race outside do everything they have to, race back in and sit by the breakfast bar waiting for me to give them their breakfast .... on the floor that is not on the stools Then as soon as they've finished they put themselves back to bed leaving me yawning and wishing I was still in bed

I'm meeting my 'greyhound' friend for a dog walk this morning which I'm really looking forward to at 10.15. and the forecast looks good albeit not wall to wall sunshine (anything other than rain is good though) for the next 3-4 days I'm hoping our pressure washer will have arrived by the time I get back at lunchtime so that I can start work on all the steps, paths and river frontage .... providing my back allows me to.

Helena Enjoy your walk 'up-top' this morning and I'm still waiting for some photos .... maybe you can drag Dave up there this weekend with the camera . Is the new bathroom usable yet in spite of not being quite finished yet?
Lynn You poor thing and I hope you can have a restful day and try and shake whatever it is you've got off ((hugs)). It must be worse feeling unwell when you are on your own but thank goodness Gorden will be back tomorrow and can act as nurse, housekeeper and chief dog walker.
Malka I too have John Lewis towels which I bought when we moved here 17 years ago .... you can't beat them as they still fluff up beautifully when washed and dried in the drier. I hope you can catch up on some sleep.
Lore I hope your busy schedule goes to plan today .... your daily agenda is always soooooo full
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2014, 08:08 AM
Morning H and all,

My long day at work today. I feel shattered before I start.
My son was driving along the road yesterday, luckily in his 4x4 when an idiot company car driver come speeding out of a side road and smashed into his drivers door. My sons car is a write off. He said if he hadn't been higher up in the 4x4 he would have been seriously hurt. He rung the police but they refused to come out. The company car driver had the cheek to try and tell my son he should have given way .

My neice come round last night to try and help me sort my train journey to Surrey and back. The underground and finding the right train going in the right direction sounds very confusing, so although I am getting really excited about going to Charly's I am also very nervous about the journey. It doesn't help that on the way back its a totally different route across London and different stations. Hopefully I won't end up in Glasgow eeeek!

H I hope you have a lovely walk

lynn hope you feel better soon.

Jenny give those lovely greyhounds a cuddle from me

Malka I hope you can catch up on some sleep

Lorraine good luck at the docs tonight

Have a good day everyone. Its going to be a gloriously sunny and warm day here and I am stuck in work.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2014, 08:16 AM
Bev I can't remember what town your daughter is living in ... is it Pirbright?
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2014, 08:29 AM
Yes it is Jenny. I will be getting the train to Brookwood. Is that far from you?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-03-2014, 08:31 AM
Morning Malka, Lorraine. Jenny and Bev.
Malka sounds like you had a disturbed night and a you have a busy day ahead. Hopefully you will sleep well tonight.
Lorraine good luck with the meeting about Davie returning ti school.
Jenny have a lovely walk with your friend.
Bev sorry to hear about your sons incident. Why would the police not come out that's not good I thought they had too.
Your journey sounds exciting and worrying I would be the same. When my friend and I went to London to see a show Gorden had to write it all down for me my friend and I can easily get lost. Wasn't so bad with DIL she is quite good at these things so I didn't have too worry that time.
I think you are very brave and I am sure you will be fine.

Been raining here think its stopped now hope it has anyway mud just getting dry and off we go again. I have just heard though next week it starts to become more settled with high pressure.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2014, 09:01 AM
Morning

Oh dear, everyone seems to be tired and Helena is boasting because she is getting the sun.

I hope you tired ones manage to catch up on some sleep soon and Lynn, I hope your cold clears up quickly.

My little boy is as bright as a button in the morning when we're all groggy and bleary eyed.

Loki and I had an early walk after I'd got breakfast and then it was a fast and furious prep of packed lunches and fixing hair for a swimming lesson later in the day.

The weather is warmer today and we are promised some of Helena's sun.

I'm still looking for Communion dresses. I found a nice one in John Lewis but someone has been buying up all the 8-year-old sizes. I could source one on line but I'd like to see it on her before I commit to buying.

I need to compare energy tariffs and house insurance too and sort out a present for my mum's birthday.

Have a good day everyone.
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »