Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2014, 06:49 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread (Wednesday)

Good Morning all,

I've been up for some time so thought I'd start the Daily today. I hope all of you who have been effected during the night with the horrendous winds are OK and are not one of households to have lost your power. I believe we are all in for a dreadful time today, but for Nippy and Helena being right on the coast ...... take care and stay safe.

My boys woke me soon after 6 but I'm fine with that as its not raining yet and its meant I've been able to get them both out to do all their business

Just housework on the cards today .... boring .

See you all later and take care.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2014, 07:04 AM
Morning Jenny and all who follow

Its awful out there, heavy rain and winds so strong coming across the open fields it has snapped and blown down a strong wire fence off the concrete posts. Its too dark to see if there is any other damage.
As soon as its lighter a bit later I will have to get my waterproofs on and try and get that fence tied up again somehow. My neighbour is in her late 80's so won't be able to help.
I hope everyone is safe out there and damage free. Those poor people flooded out already and I hear a lot are without power. Through some miracle we havn't lost ours "Yet".

I learned last night my mum has been lying to me. She does have cancer and the hospital want her to go and stay in overnight for an op and then when she comes home she has to have 2 weeks of complete rest and not lift a finger.
She told them she will only stay in as a day case which they have accepted, but what they don't know is its because she won't leave my dad and will be straight up and about looking after him.
I am going to speak to her today and tell her I know and that i will stay with Dad overnight if she will stay in and then will come the hard part when i tell her I will organise a home help and meals on wheels for a couple of weeks afterwards which I know she will tell me she is not having.
I work long hours so can't be there everyday as if I take time off work I don't get paid and I have to pay my rent and bills, so I pray i can persuade her to let someone else into their home.

Right its starting to get lighter so off to survey the extent of the damage so far.
Take care all and stay safe.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2014, 07:19 AM
Morning Jenny, Bev and everyone.

Yes Jenny, pretty wild out there all night and it actually seems to be getting worse now with the very strong gusts Thankfully, it's coming head on from the seafront instead of west or south west, which does help our case here, because as it whips up the long hill, the woods are taking the brunt of it, roaring so loudly over the road, and yet the house itself is quiet as it's not pounding up against our big front windows - phew!

I hope you stay safe Jenny, but I haven't really seen much rain yet, maybe a couple of heavy downpours in this wind overnight, but it's dry now, just windy.

Bev, I hope you haven't got too much damage to the fencing, but it can wait, you've got no chance of doing anything with it in this wind, you'll end up hurting yourself. So sorry to hear about your mum, good luck with everything she has to go through now.

Jen, hope you're safe this morning and your daughter with her big windows down on the seafront there I've just seen Dawlish has lost it's sea wall which has taken down half the railway track along there, I know that part well. Jeesus you're taking a real beating down there aren't you.

I just don't know where I can walk today, it would be madness to go up the top on the cliffs in this wind likewise over the road in the woods with unstable trees, and down on the seafront the sea will be crashing over the granite rocks with the high spring tide. If the tide's out though, I can risk it, otherwise, it's a slog up these hills pounding the pavements which I never do, and my lawn is so saturated, I can't even stand up on it it's so slippery Please make it all stop somebody.

Stay safe everyone, it's definitely not good out there today.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-02-2014, 07:19 AM
Morning Jenny and all how follow
Snap up early 5 30 with the rain battering the window ,hope all are safe ,just scunnered with this weather now oh for just a blink of sun
Same old same old today boring housework ,need to get some shopping in at sum point ,hopefully get the muppets out for a decent walk though they tend to put the brakes on at the door if it's too wet ,doesn't bother them when their working ,they know their on their holidays now fly wee monkeys
Do hope everyone is well peeps and doglets if not get better soon
Take extra care stay safe
Humongous hugs to all that need them today
Right better get on xxxxx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2014, 07:38 AM
We have just had a huge overhead thunder and lightening storm along with hail battering the windows. Can the weather throw any more at us.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-02-2014, 07:40 AM
Morning Jenny, Bev, Helena and Norma.

Jenny I hope your lawn stays un-flooded and the boys are still able to get out there.
Bev sorry to hear about your mum good luck with the home help situation I remember it well with my mum and the fact it went down like a lead balloon. Good luck with the fencing too but do take care.
Helena that wind sounds awful where you are and good luck with the walk situation take care wherever you decide to go.
Morning Norma miserable isn't it this weather. Don't blame the muppets choosing to stay in the dry.

Got windy here during the night and it started raining about 2am. Stopped now and the wind has died down wet underfoot though and feeling chilly.
Not much on here today catch up tv on the lap top.
I have been watching the situation in Dawlish basically because the train track part of it has been taken out by the flooding most of Cornwall and Devon are cut off. They can only get in and out by replacement buses. Awful for people living there.
Stay safe everyone.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2014, 07:57 AM
Morning Norma and Lynn

Norma, I'm with you on that sunshine, this is getting depressing now isn't it. Enjoy your housework, or not

Lynn, glad you can get out and about in the car now after 6 weeks, and I missed your post yesterday about you spotting a kingfisher, how lucky were you! One bird I have never, ever seen. Stay safe up there if you end up with this wind, it's quite frightening here again!

I've decided to go up the top, because if I drop down to the lower fields it's quite sheltered and then I can get into the woods and come back the same way, so that I avoid the cliff edge, cos that would be daft on a day like today and I'm certainly not daft
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2014, 08:06 AM

Glug, glug, glug.
Absolutely horrendous, I just can't explain but we are safe. Sorry to be so dramatic.
I will come back later
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-02-2014, 08:20 AM
Morning Jenny Nippy glad you are safe but an awful situation for everyone in your part of the country. It seems to be the whole SW.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2014, 08:53 AM
Morning

I hope things go well with your mum, Bev.

I'm glad you are safe Nippy. It sounds awful down your way.

It's windy here but we got Loki out early this morning. I was going to take Michael to the soft play area but rain and stuff is forecast soon so I don't think I'll move.

My mum was planning to go into town today so I think I'll ring her and tell her to leave it until tomorrow.

Stay safe everyone.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »