View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2005, 10:58 AM

Secrets of professional dog trainer (any opinions on this ebook?)

HI

Anyone heard about this : Adam Katz - Secrets of a professional dog trainer - claims that his book enables any dog to be trained...

anyone heard of it - have it or give me any feedback on it - its a downloadable book off the internet - at $45 USD.

thoughts?
dani
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-09-2005, 11:41 AM
I think I have seen this on the internet,, I have a feeling that he uses E.collars , I may be wrong but I can recall the site ......someone else may be able to enlighten us??
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2005, 12:37 PM
thanks jackie
basically looking for a good book with methods that work for my boy !!
he isnt very food orientated when training and just ignores the food after a while - even if high value of cheese etc .
not sure whether I am going to be able to get him into classes or not so ant tostart working with him myself...

do you have any tips for other dog training books ?
dani
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

07-09-2005, 05:21 PM
how is he with toys?

Barney isn't food orientated at all but will sell his soul for a toy

What I've learned from trying to train my dogs is that timing is every thing. Trying to capture the correct behaviour and rewarding it is the real secret to good training - IMO.

Also taking it slowly write down what the desired behaviour is that you want and then think about the steps it will take for you to get that behaviour and train slowly - if it takes a few months or longer it dosen't matter - and if Bruno dosen't understand then go back a few steps in the training - does that make sense? (not very good at explaning things - lol)

I think reading about dog behaviour - how they think what makes them tick is a good way to start
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-09-2005, 06:54 PM
I`ve just finished the "Culture Clash" and although it is not a training book as such( although there our a couple of chapters on basic training).....but on the whole it gives you a much better insight into a dogs mind and what makes them tick.......... well worth a read in my opinion!!!!!