Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 06:59 AM

Two Sides Of The Same Coin

I am probably going to get roasted.but I cannot understand,two families sharing a similar story of losing there child,one gets a great surge of support,the other negative.
I am talking about Madeline and April,in April 's case the mother let her out to play,but she didnt receive hate mail like Madelines parents did for leaving her when they went out to dinner,but were checking her on the hour. Even the
porteguise police seemed reluctant to help,It was probably because the british press went against the family as well.
But at the end of the day it is a child taken surely it doesnt matter who or what the parents are.Because of the positive
support,April case was solved and the family got closure,but Madelines case,the dislike of the parents got in the way,they are now sueing newspapers instead of using all that energy and time, it should be spent still lookingfor this little girl ,their child is still out there,I didnt see Crime Watch,but I know from the news that they have a new lead,lets hope that this is something and Madeline is found.Gemini54
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 08:55 AM
Gemini,can you understand why people are angry in relation to the Madeline Mc Cann case?
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Gemini,can you understand why people are angry in relation to the Madeline Mc Cann case?
Hi No to me its still a child lost,I think at one time they suspected the parents,but other than that,the only concern should be the cild,this is why so many children slip through the net,because people dont want to deal with the Adults,as they could be difficult etc.Gemini54
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 10:06 AM
The McCann case you are talking about has always been a contentious issue and probably always will be. I'm not passing judgement on anyone here.

Why start a thread with the opening words 'I am probably going to get roasted'?

Are you looking for argumentative opinions? Or do you think your views go against 'what everyone else thinks'?
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
The McCann case you are talking about has always been a contentious issue and probably always will be. I'm not passing judgement on anyone here.

Why start a thread with the opening words 'I am probably going to get roasted'?

Are you looking for argumentative opinions? Or do you think your views go against 'what everyone else thinks'?
Hi because when I went to the hospital Monday,the only thing
I knew was that the McCann's were suing the press,sitting in the waiting room,the buzz was about a possible new lead,but a lot of people were airing there views on the Couple most of them negative,but as I hve said its a child lost and in the uk some children have slipped through the net,because professionals have found it difficult to deal with the adults in these cases.Gemini54
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 10:38 AM
Perhaps more useful if you give examples of the cases where the children have slipped through because it was difficult to deal with the adults? (By adults I assume you mean the parents?)

Just don't understand why you post anticipating a 'roasting'. Your opinions are your opinions. If other people's opinions don't agree with yours - doesn't equate to them 'roasting' you.

(I've raised a query on your other thread about the RSPCA Lottery because I don't agree with what you said - I hope you don't see that as a 'roasting' - it's my opinion - my opinion is different to yours is all)
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Perhaps more useful if you give examples of the cases where the children have slipped through because it was difficult to deal with the adults? (By adults I assume you mean the parents?)

Just don't understand why you post anticipating a 'roasting'. Your opinions are your opinions. If other people's opinions don't agree with yours - doesn't equate to them 'roasting' you.

(I've raised a query on your other thread about the RSPCA Lottery because I don't agree with what you said - I hope you don't see that as a 'roasting' - it's my opinion - my opinion is different to yours is all)
The recent one a childs body was found,the mother has been an acholic,and even though the teachers did bring up some concerns,it seemed that communication between teachers,parent,and social service didnt result in child being taken to safety,there have been other cases similar,
and another enquiry is on its way,with this one the mother has been sent to prison,but cannot remember names etc
Gemini54
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 10:58 AM
Gemini,I'm sure you can get Crimewatch on catch up.I think you may get more of an understanding of why some people expressed anger in this case.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Gemini,I'm sure you can get Crimewatch on catch up.I think you may get more of an understanding of why some people expressed anger in this case.
Hi I have tried to get crimewatch on demand but our broadband is only working for small intervals due to high winds,but I will try and get it later tonight,when traffic is less
Gemini54
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 07:27 PM
I feel anger about the McAnns on several different levels, but mostly I am disgusted that so much time and expense has gone into trying to solve the case of one little girl, when there are thousands missing out there and the parents of these have no hope of such exposure and help as they simply do not have the money.

If the circumstances of Maddy's disappearance had been different, i.e. if the parents did not leave her alone at night, then I might have more sympathy for them. As it is, I feel desperately for the parents of all the other missing children.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >