Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2013, 12:27 PM

Digging up the Island of Love!

Walk to the end of the road down to the waterfront ... yes people live behind those wire barriers! And it extends for more than a km and into the roads behind as far as where I live coz they are digging up to put new drains in.

Look to the right ...

Look to the left ... the object of the exercise is to get onto the 'pedestrian walkway' they've created. However you have to get across this bit first! It's the first time I've used it - preferring to walk in the road (it's safer!)

Now just got to get to the other side of those concrete barriers by finding a gap in them and I will be on the 'walkway' for pedestrians!

And here we are! On the walkway! Isn't it lovely? Lead on Bella and no you can't go in the water here!

Oops it ran out very quickly and then appears again over to the other side of the works running right outside the old houses (I mean right outside it's about 2ft wide lol)

Stop to take a piccie of the sunrise over the sea (they can't ruin that!) amazing how dark it looks when you look out at the sun rising

And here's the lovely 'walkway for pedestrians' again! On the left behind the barriers! We decided to walk in the road!

Someone's innovation so they don't have to walk on the rubble!

I honestly couldn't see how they could get this car out again!

And these are set to continue for two or three YEARS (they started last Sept) but I am assured that when finished I will be living in 'the best bit of Cyprus' lol

Believe it when I see it!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2013, 08:48 PM
OMG what a terrible mess and set to go on for years not months I assume the walk-ways and roadway are now crumbled concrete .... if so make sure you wash Bella feet after walking on it especially if she gets wet feet in the sea as concrete burns and dries pads. Little Bella is gorgeous and so is that sunset, sky and sea ...... not too sure about the rest of the contents of the photos though How disruptive for all the residents and the dust You'll have to update this thread as the work gets done so we can see the transformation.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2013, 08:55 PM
Geez I thought that was a ghost in pic no.9
Just Mrs Pat's wee shadow!!
Looks messy but how gorgeous is Bella