Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

08-03-2013, 08:11 PM

Tia - 8 year old female Rottweiler

Tia, Rottweiler, DOB 09.05 - Addlestone, Surrey

Homing Requirements: Tia needs a caring family who understand we're so lucky to still have Tia. Tia has emerged from a poorly state with residual limitations in her back knees which no longer need operative intervention but carries residual discomfort which needs respecting hence no live in children and supervision around children as they could trigger pain. Tia also needs carpeted floor surfaces to prevent her slipping. Tia could live with another fluent dog or as an only dog. She is not for cats. She needs a moderate exercise regime with adult management as she can rarely get spooked by certain people/strangers outside, for reasons only known to Tia.

Video:Tia on the common

Video: Tia and Ben

Her Story: Tia was rescued by a devoted owner but he succumbed to cancer at a very young age and was forced to give Tia up as he moved back with parents. Tia came to us as a sick dog and we have since had her spayed curing her chronic pyometra which was life-threatening. We have also operated on her back knee. Tia is now ready for her home, is on low dose anti inflammatories and needs a gentle life style to suit her age. Tia is vax'd, chipped and fostered with another dog in Addlestone, Surrey.

Advert: Tia Maria ...yes she is sweet and addictive! Tia is an accomplished easy Rottie who needs an environment geared to her requirements which are a moderate exercise regime, quiet life style and freedom from active or kennelled holidays. If your mind set is older Rottie then her management will be well served. She is house trained, and can be left for up to 5 hour spells, she can sleep downstairs and doesn't need access to furniture. Tia could live with another quieter fluent dog. Tia has the habit of a low growl when you are fussing her, which isn't sinister and once her fosterers demonstrate, you can learn to be comfortable with her foibles. Tia can travel short distances in a car but needs support in and out to protect her knees. She can also be sick on longer car journeys.

Tia is a small 7 years old Rottie with an easy approachable disposition. She isn't guardy over her house or food but a little, understandably, over her knees which has lessened as she has moved through into a pain free life. She mixes with dogs well. Meets people and children well but can get spooked and show concern very occasionally when out walking which again is lessening as time goes by. Tia would love a Rottie home to offer her shelter and comfort in her latter years.

If you are interested in re-homing please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

***PLEASE NOTE: This ad has been posted by Rescue Remedies Dog Rescue. We are a registered charity (No. 1139407) and our work involves finding unwanted dogs their life long homes. We currently have approx. 80 dogs under our wing. We usually ask for a minimum donation of £150 at the time of adoption, for each dog, to help us continue helping homeless dogs***.
justineportia21
New Member!
Female 

27-03-2013, 04:20 PM
She is beautiful, I want her !!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-05-2013, 02:55 PM
Tia is still available for adoption.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

18-05-2013, 06:41 AM
Lovely Tia...

Tia is still available for adoption!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

11-07-2013, 07:32 PM
I just looked back over Tia's thread and I just can't believe how much she has changed since she arrived. Her face, the way she holds herself, her whole demeanour has completely changed. This relaxed and happy girl could be a completely different dog ... feast your eyes!

With John her beloved fosterer daddy ...

"See you next time"!

Tia is still available for adoption!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

04-08-2013, 08:32 AM
Tia is still patiently waiting for someone to spot her and offer her a home.

Interested in homing Tia? Please complete our on-line homing questionnaire.
greatbarnet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-08-2013, 09:10 AM
The latest photos are lovely, she does look so happy and less anxious, well done to the fosterers. I would love to adopt a Rottie one day but I have a cat I'm afraid Good Luck Tia, hope you find a forever home soon x
Bobble
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-08-2013, 09:27 AM
Looking for the "right" dog for the in-laws after loosing the beloved Sammy. Alas it is not the beautiful Tia, she is lovely. If I win the lottery (so I can buy a nice dog friendly house) I'll be in touch!

Great work done by another Rescue Remedies foster home too, I don't know how they give the dogs up? I guess, it's because they know they can move on to help the next one?!

Good luck finding your forever home Tia x
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

23-08-2013, 07:59 PM
An update from Tia's fosterer:

"Tia had a lovely day out at the RR fun day, considering the amount of dogs around she was very well behaved. She did grumble at a couple of the smaller dogs that were barking and she took a dislike to one particular rottie.

We did have a potential "You've been Framed" moment where she pulled me backwards off the plastic chairs at the BBQ but luckily Brian (the RR photographer) and his trusty camera had just moved away"! :hand:

Tia is still available for adoption.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

27-09-2013, 07:41 PM
An update from Tia's fosterer:

"As Tia is Rescue Remedies Dog of The Month I thought I had better post an update but cant believe it is a month since I last posted.

It is exactly 9 months today since Tia arrived, very poorly and feeling very sorry for herself. Looking back over her thread it is reminder of her transformation, recovering from pyometre then enduring the cruciate ligament repair and the long recovery.

Looking at her today bounding around the garden like a puppy, chasing pigeons off the grass seed, you would never know she had endured so much.

Tia has improved in all areas she now travels well in the car (tested upto 1hr) but to be honest I think the original travel sickness was due to her general ill health at the time or maybe she has got used to my bad driving.

She shows no sign of pain in her legs, now enjoys walks long walks and with the help of the head collar, we bought from the GSD stand at the Fun day, it is easier to control her excitement, IF you can stop her taking it off.

Tia no longer has any prescribed medication but we still give her and Ben green lipped muscle supplements to help their joints.

When Tia first arrived she was wary of people while out walking but again I think this was due to her health as now she loves attention especially fond of the old lady who waits at the bus stop in the morning with a pocket full of gravy bones.

Tia can get a bit excited during play and resort to mouthing if not getting attention, so this has to be managed with strong commands. She takes treats nicely but will steal unattended food if left in her reach.

Cooling off in Wisley lake

We have a child gate on our lounge door which serves as exit management to the front door and prevents access to upstairs for both dogs. Tia has decided that this is no obstacle to her and with a bit of effort she can shimmy over the top. Luckily Ben is too lazy to try anything that energetic.

This lead the other afternoon to a goldilocks moment, when returning from shopping we found she had tried our bed but found it to hard, tried Rebecca's bed and found it to small, but Claires bed that was just right.

Tia is also a bit of a Houdini she can open doors of most types, we now have to make sure the front door is deadlocked after coming home to find the front door wide open, Tia laying on the doormat, tail thumping the floor with excitement and a look on her face which said how clever am I.

We don't know if she went out for a mouch around and then came back or just opened the door and waited either way she was a good girl for not wandering off. I don't know how that phone call to Lynne would have gone".

Tia is still available for adoption – if you are interested in offering a home please complete our homing questionnaire.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >