Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2013, 04:54 AM

Nigredo ate an incense stick...

And I gave him his cold medicine on a nearly empty stomach.. because the incense stick made him sick and he wasn't hungry for dinner time, which is also medicine time. This made him worse!

He wouldn't come out from under my computer table, and he wouldn't come when I called him, he just laid there. Brownie (my previous Lab mix) had parvo, though the bloody diarrhea/vomit gave it away. Nigredo is vaccinated for parvo though, and his next booster was scheduled for the 26th by our vet. He's been only in our yard/house, as the vets told us not to expose him until he was 100% vaccinated.

He puked a while after I got the small piece of incense stick from him... nothing odd.. some water, a few pieces of stolen cat food, but NO incense stick. After a while he looked a little better so I gave him his dinner and water.. which he ate and drank normally.

Been a few hours, and he hasn't puked it up or acted sick. But he's very quiet (not like him) and he's not moving about (also not like him). I'm keeping a CLOSE eye on him and we'll see in the morning! I'll be up all night worrying about him... UGH!

If he's not better in the morning or after he gets all the crap he ate out of his system... vet trip.. AGAIN. Sadly, he's not been very healthy, even though the place we got him from was amazingly clean and he seemed mega healthy when we got him and when the vet first examined him.

Turns out he had Giardia, he quickly came down with a cold, and now this. The vet bills are starting to kick BUTT... so I'm hoping this is his last sickness for a while and that my little buddy starts to bulk up immune system-wise....
Polarbear2008
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-04-2013, 07:25 AM
Hope Nigredo is feeling much better now, and you manage to get a good nights sleep

Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2013, 07:48 AM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
And I gave him his cold medicine on a nearly empty stomach.. because the incense stick made him sick and he wasn't hungry for dinner time, which is also medicine time. This made him worse!

He wouldn't come out from under my computer table, and he wouldn't come when I called him, he just laid there. Brownie (my previous Lab mix) had parvo, though the bloody diarrhea/vomit gave it away. Nigredo is vaccinated for parvo though, and his next booster was scheduled for the 26th by our vet. He's been only in our yard/house, as the vets told us not to expose him until he was 100% vaccinated.

He puked a while after I got the small piece of incense stick from him... nothing odd.. some water, a few pieces of stolen cat food, but NO incense stick. After a while he looked a little better so I gave him his dinner and water.. which he ate and drank normally.

Been a few hours, and he hasn't puked it up or acted sick. But he's very quiet (not like him) and he's not moving about (also not like him). I'm keeping a CLOSE eye on him and we'll see in the morning! I'll be up all night worrying about him... UGH!

If he's not better in the morning or after he gets all the crap he ate out of his system... vet trip.. AGAIN. Sadly, he's not been very healthy, even though the place we got him from was amazingly clean and he seemed mega healthy when we got him and when the vet first examined him.

Turns out he had Giardia, he quickly came down with a cold, and now this. The vet bills are starting to kick BUTT... so I'm hoping this is his last sickness for a while and that my little buddy starts to bulk up immune system-wise....
Hi I am so sorry to hear this,but he will eventually bring it up,can you get hold of goats milk,that really helps an upset tummy,but dont worry he will be fine,I know its easy for others to say that,but some dogs are the proverbal dustbin,and survive some really yucky stuff,they just get sick and then feel very sorry for themselves.crystalgirl
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2013, 06:14 PM
He's fine now, thanks everyone. He finally passed it through his system. Back to his normal bouncy self... thank goodness!
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2013, 06:44 PM
Phew! Glad to hear he's feeling better.
Back to mischief now
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-04-2013, 08:38 PM
Glad to hear Nigredo has got rid of the incense stick and is back to his usual chirpy self - aren't puppies a worry when they are into everything
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2013, 08:51 PM
Glad to hear he is feeling better.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2013, 09:35 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm always worrying about him... with good reason! Earlier, I found him chewing on a battery :/ I know I don't keep my house clean enough, but I still have no idea where he finds these things!