View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2012, 08:10 PM

Sooo excited, Scottish, doggie, 1st anniversary, baby's first, holiday booked!!

We always go up to Scotland to stay twice a year with the dogs, this is our 1st year anniversary holiday (we got married up in Scotland last May). ......also it's the baby's first holiday he will be nearly 6 months old .

This is the cottage we're going to be staying in,

http://www.cottages4you.co.uk/sites/...970~0~0~~~Y~N~

look where it is, just perrrrrfect, not too far up to travel and so remote, with our own beach frontage , lovely inside too with the compulsory log burner, and on the east coast - we got married on the west coast right there so know it's beautiful and so importantly - REMOTE!

But what on earth do you do with a 6 month old on a doggie holiday heehee! Daren't do the usual boat trips we love so much! Zeke still can't hike too far with his arthritis either. Don't want to drive around a lot... hmm, relax?

A telescope, wine and THAT room with the windows in the evening i think. Maybe experimenting with my camera and deer spotting locally during the day and dipping our toes in the sea perhaps, heehee?!

Did i say how excited I was?!
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Oh my!!! That is gorgeous I am soooo jealous. Campbeltown is so lovely, one of my fave places *and starts singing Campbeltown Loch song in her head lol*. The conservatory room is to die for.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2012, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by alexgirl73 View Post
Oh my!!! That is gorgeous I am soooo jealous. Campbeltown is so lovely, one of my fave places *and starts singing Campbeltown Loch song in her head lol*. The conservatory room is to die for.
Heehee!

We went there the wedding week one day but it was hoying it down, although we did a lovely forestry walk though starting in the cemetery just outside the town centre. Yeah that conservatory room is what did it, as usual i'd found about 20 different cottages i like and had to narrow down!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Not an area I have ever visited but it looks fabulous and that cottage is just .... wow!!!

You will have a fab time

I took Ben to Ardnamurchan when he was 6 months We actually had a great time (although I was worried we wouldn't find enough to do with a wee baby!).

Here are some of Ben's first holiday pics

Hope you have a FANTASTIC time.

Here is where we stayed

The white cottage on the right hand side was ours

Ben and Rip - we had FAB weather that week, which really made all the difference!

My sis with Ben - helping find the route in the book He was actually really well behaved and good natured and we did long walks and took turns in carrying him in the baby carrier thingy.

We spent plenty of time on this beach

I can't wait to see your pics and hear all about it
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2012, 09:39 PM
Oh Kirsty thank you for posting those! I came across loads of cottages there! It looks beeeautiful! HOW happy does he look too!! I love the one of him planning the route, keeping you all in check .

We need to get little man used to a baby carrier methinks, haven't yet because i was still 'recovering' - too scared hubby falls, he always falls over!!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2012, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Oh Kirsty thank you for posting those! I came across loads of cottages there! It looks beeeautiful! HOW happy does he look too!! I love the one of him planning the route, keeping you all in check .

We need to get little man used to a baby carrier methinks, haven't yet because i was still 'recovering' - too scared hubby falls, he always falls over!!
Glad you enjoyed them It has brought back loads of happy memories of that holiday and "baby Ben" too Enjoy your holiday with your wee man - you will be making memories for a lifetime to come x
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2012, 09:53 PM
Def get a baby carrier/sling but you need to practises now as the wrigglier they get the less they want to go in them!! Looks lovely and you will have a great time!
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2012, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
Def get a baby carrier/sling but you need to practises now as the wrigglier they get the less they want to go in them!! Looks lovely and you will have a great time!
Thank you xx Ooo no i think he'll be a nightmare, at 11 weeks he already demands how he likes to be held at that particular moment - well, screams when it's not right!

As long as he can see what's going on i think he'll be ok
Angie1966
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-02-2012, 08:13 AM
Aaaw, it looks absolutely perfect!
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Hi

We booked a week in Scotland the third week of September at Bendeloch near Oban and can't wait.

http://www.cottages4you.co.uk/sites/...~0~7~N~N~N~N~N

We haven't got children to take with us, but looking forward to walking in the day and then chilling at night in our consevatory with camera, field glasses, a book and some wine!

Going to Pembrokeshire first in May so got two holidays to look forward to.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >