Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2012, 06:15 AM

Good morning everyone - Saturday!

Morning all,

Baz has set off for work so I am walking the dogs and giving them their breakfast, something we usually share at the weekend....... not that I mind one little bit, as I love the Gingers to bits and would do anything for them......

After that’s done, I am off out with Jackie to Dartford for a mooch around the charity shops and a visit to Primark and Wilkinsons. I’m very easily pleased, providing there’s a nice breakfast on offer

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe

Today's gem:
No-one suspects the butterfly! (No, I didn’t get it either )
[img]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_12.gif[/im
ozbound
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-01-2012, 06:38 AM
Morning Vicky morning all just waiting for the sun to rise so I can take him out for his morning run.
Hope you all have a goodun
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2012, 06:39 AM
Originally Posted by ozbound View Post
Morning Vicky morning all just waiting for the sun to rise so I can take him out for him morning run.
Hope you all have a goodun
Morning Andy
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2012, 06:45 AM
Good morning all!

Well, yesterday was a yukky day weather-wise so hoping for better today.

Got a bit of work to do at some stage during the day, but when will depend on what the weather has in store and whether we do a long or short walk.

Woke up with a blinding headache so am waiting for the tablets to kick in - still coughing a little during the night so I'm putting the headache down to that.

When we went to the deaf club on Thursday, it was decided that it will have to close after next month's get together because there just ain't enough people attending it. That means taking son through to the Boston one once a month which will be a pain during winter because the roads here are awful and dark and awful just don't mix. The one we usually go to (the one that is closing) is just round the corner not a five minute walk away.

We were walking past Mcdonalds yesterday and saw four school kids roll up in a BMW sports car. I ask ya, a BMW driven by a 17 year old. I knew that school was the posh one in the area, but a beamer - wow!!

Apparently, our local council hired a consultant to suggest ways of improving the resort and making it more attractive. His suggestions are hilarious. A fancy proposal that basically zones the area into three sections allotting for wildlife, usual touristy stuff and finally a posher bit for the theatre and conference facilities - so basically as it is now. His other BIG suggestion is to change the name of the town!!!!! I ask ya, they paid this guy money to come up with this, which can be summarised in one sentence.

"improve what you've got and, if you're daft enough, change the town's name"

I think I would like to be a consultant

Whatever you're doing today, 'ave a good 'un.

I don't get today's little gem either - perhaps the consultant thought it up
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-01-2012, 07:02 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all.

Enjoy your day Vicki.

Blustery and chilly here today. Gill and Peter are coming over to meet Dillon today they were due early in the new year but Peters car broke down so it had to be put on hold. Plus Gill is going out of her mind with the worry of mum and what she wil be up to when she eventually gets home again so she needs a change of scenery. Notice I stress the word again.

Have a good day all.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2012, 07:23 AM
Morning Vicki and all

I am working all day today. It's a bit blustery here hope we don't get any more trees down.

Have a good day out Vicki,

I bet that consultant went to University to be capable of that decision Brierley! Such a shame your deaf club is closing, it's all down to funding these days.

Have a great day all!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-01-2012, 07:40 AM

Morning Vicki, morning all - been up for nearly 5 hours ago and am getting totally piddled off with this lack of sleep, so please accept my apologies if I am bitchy today.

I am also very cold which does not help but I know that moaning is not going to help so SHUT UP MALKA. [sorry - I think I am sick]

Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2012, 07:58 AM
Morning Vicki, Andy, Chris, Lynn, Gerry, grandma and all

Am I the only one who gets today's gem then??? It's more of a 'thought for the day' than a joke, but maybe I have gained special powers now with my brain injury

Got up and the house is empty apart from old Georgie sleeping in the kitchen, as Dave has already gone out with Zena so I could have had an extra long lie in this morning, but I'm not that type, I have to get up when I'm awake even though I've got nothing to do.

Oh I've been dreaming so vividly, I've been washing up after big party which I didn't even go to, but was faced with all that mess next morning, and the sink was full of shredded cabbage and each time I cleared big clumps of it out, it all appeared again (sounds like some kind of reflection on my life atm don't it!!! ) Now I'm knackered!!!

Enjoy your shopping trip Vicki and maybe that coffee and cake with Jackie. Sorry to hear about that club closing for your son what a pita for you, and as for that consultant, they're all the same, cost a fortune, only to tell you what you already knew anyways. Enjoy your day with Gill and Peter, but I doubt you'll get to talk to them much will you with Dillon stealing all the limelight. Don't work too hard Gerry.

I've got a nightmare to sort out with the van bookings, as somebody has sent me a bank transfer with just "holiday" on it, and there was only one person left to mark off but she says she hasn't sent hers yet Now I never make mistakes, so I've got to go through the whole lot of e-mails to find out who could have just decided to cough up a deposit without actually telling me they were going to take the booking enquiry along with forgetting to put their name on the bank transfer! I might be able to get a name from the bank, but of course, it's the week-end isn't it!!!

Dave's back now, so better go, I'm getting Zena's here!! Enjoy the week-end
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2012, 08:50 AM
Morning Vicki, Morning All

Not much planned for the day. I'm just waiting for Dave to call from Austria then I will get out with Max.

Another good night at the quiz with another win for our team so that was good!

Have a good day all.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-01-2012, 10:44 AM
'morning Vicki, 'morning everyone

Snow looks like it will stay although sun is out today. It's only about three inches so walking the dogs is still OK

Best wishes to you all out there
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >