View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2011, 07:07 AM

Good morning Dogsey folk - Happy Boxing Day!

Morning all,

As is traditional in this household, a walk into Croydon for a mooch around the shops is on the cards today.

We had a lovely day yesterday, but over-ate (along with millions of others) and despite three dog walks, feel that some extra exercise is a necessity today.

I think we may have cheese and biscuits for lunch – I have Brie, Stilton with apricots, a couple of different cheddars and some Roule – yummy!

Have a great Boxing day, everyone – have fun but try and relax a little

Today's gem:
Love is a temporary insanity curable by marriage.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2011, 08:22 AM
Morning Vicki and all,
I am shattered but we had a fantastic christmas yesterday. My mums face when she saw her brother and chatted to him on skype for almost 2 hours was a picture.
It was chaotic here with all the family and grandchildren but so much fun.
Today apart from doing the meals and walking the dogs I am doing absolutly nothing. A complete day of rest as I am back to work tomorrow and have to be up at 5am with a run of early mornings and 10pm finishes for the rest of the week.
Unfortunatly the dogs didn't have their pressies yesterday as poor Lily was not well and was very quiet and refusing food, so if she brightens up today they will have them then.
Hope you all had a good Christmas day and enjoy Boxing day.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2011, 08:23 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Vicki and all,
I am shattered but we had a fantastic christmas yesterday. My mums face when she saw her brother and chatted to him on skype for almost 2 hours was a picture.
It was chaotic here with all the family and grandchildren but so much fun.
Today apart from doing the meals and walking the dogs I am doing absolutly nothing. A complete day of rest as I am back to work tomorrow and have to be up at 5am with a run of early mornings and 10pm finishes for the rest of the week.
Unfortunatly the dogs didn't have their pressies yesterday as poor Lily was not well and was very quiet and refusing food, so if she brightens up today they will have them then.
Hope you all had a good Christmas day and enjoy Boxing day.
Morning Bev - so pleased you had a great day yesterday. Hope Lily is feeling a bit better soon. Try and relax a bit today hon...... *hugs*
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2011, 08:32 AM
Morning Vicki, Bev and everyone

Glad you both had such a wonderful day yesterday, we did too, although very quiet, I was in my jim jams by mid-day, but then that's just how I wanted it!

I was going out with Dave and Zena this morning, but it's miserable and foggy, and he likes to steam on, same as Zena, so I might take another day off dog walking and have a lazy morning (I could get used to this!).

Isn't it strange, we worry so much about what we feed the dogs, worried when they get runny poo's, and when I think of all the c*ap they ate yesterday, including sausage rolls, sausages, jerky, biscuits, P@H chewy bones, what have I got outside this morning??? Perfect poops!!! Makes ya wonder don't it!!! Dave on the other hand is suffering with the not so good poops! I'm fine with my cast iron guts, coz just like you Vicki, we indulged far too much, ending the day with my home made banoffee pie at 11pm!!!

Enjoy a nice, quiet day after your festivities yesterday and hope you are all well.
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-12-2011, 08:41 AM
Morning Vicki, Bev, H and everyone else

Glad everyone had a lovely christmas day!

I love boxing day more than christmas day I think, we go to my mums and laze around on the sofa watching films and again, eating far too much. But boxing day ends up being a constant stream of food lol all the nibbles and then jacket potato and cold turkey for lunch! yummy!!!

Puppy has been so good, though I think all the stimulation and meeting new people has taken its toll cause rather than being the loony his owners always say he is, hes been sleeping away most of every evening!

Ment to be going to guildford for a training clinic but one of the trainers pups is very sick so shes cancelled, think I might drag mum out with the dogs though :P

Hope everyone has a nice day of overeating and not doing much again
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-12-2011, 08:43 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all.

Glad everyone had a lovelyy day. Ours was fairly quiet when I got home from the hospital after visiitng mum. In the evening we had some friends round who live a few doors away very large quite large people who had already had a bit too much christmas cheer.

Dillon was a little star met them all had a fuss from them all and then tucked himself up for sleep under the coffee table which has become his den. I am very proud of him. Poor Ollie would of been a nervous wreck even at this young age.

We have Mark, Tracey and the children over today for christmas lunch. Beter crack on then.

I hope Lily is better today Bev. Have a good day all.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2011, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Vicki, Bev and everyone

Glad you both had such a wonderful day yesterday, we did too, although very quiet, I was in my jim jams by mid-day, but then that's just how I wanted it!

I was going out with Dave and Zena this morning, but it's miserable and foggy, and he likes to steam on, same as Zena, so I might take another day off dog walking and have a lazy morning (I could get used to this!).

Isn't it strange, we worry so much about what we feed the dogs, worried when they get runny poo's, and when I think of all the c*ap they ate yesterday, including sausage rolls, sausages, jerky, biscuits, P@H chewy bones, what have I got outside this morning??? Perfect poops!!! Makes ya wonder don't it!!! Dave on the other hand is suffering with the not so good poops! I'm fine with my cast iron guts, coz just like you Vicki, we indulged far too much, ending the day with my home made banoffee pie at 11pm!!!

Enjoy a nice, quiet day after your festivities yesterday and hope you are all well.
Morning Aitch - Banoffee pie at 11pm?

Originally Posted by Pawsonboard View Post
Morning Vicki, Bev, H and everyone else

Glad everyone had a lovely christmas day!

I love boxing day more than christmas day I think, we go to my mums and laze around on the sofa watching films and again, eating far too much. But boxing day ends up being a constant stream of food lol all the nibbles and then jacket potato and cold turkey for lunch! yummy!!!

Puppy has been so good, though I think all the stimulation and meeting new people has taken its toll cause rather than being the loony his owners always say he is, hes been sleeping away most of every evening!

Ment to be going to guildford for a training clinic but one of the trainers pups is very sick so shes cancelled, think I might drag mum out with the dogs though :P

Hope everyone has a nice day of overeating and not doing much again
Morning Sam - sounds like you have a lovely day planned honey x

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Vicki, morning all.

Glad everyone had a lovelyy day. Ours was fairly quiet when I got home from the hospital after visiitng mum. In the evening we had some friends round who live a few doors away very large quite large people who had already had a bit too much christmas cheer.

Dillon was a little star met them all had a fuss from them all and then tucked himself up for sleep under the coffee table which has become his den. I am very proud of him. Poor Ollie would of been a nervous wreck even at this young age.

We have Mark, Tracey and the children over today for christmas lunch. Beter crack on then.

I hope Lily is better today Bev. Have a good day all.
Morning Lynn - Dillon is settling in so well, isn't he? Bless him
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2011, 09:19 AM
Morning Vicki and all,

Had Mum round yesterday and played some board games. I "cheated" to let her win one!

Lynn-you would have liked the dog we met yesterday-a Bernese! Don't see many round here. First one I have met excepting the one that used to go to our obedience classes. He was thinking about getting another one, I said it was nice having 2 but double the expense of course.

Have a good day everyone, we will be going to the beach again later-Izzy's favourite walk!

Here she is doing her Tigger bouncing thing waiting for me to throw her ball.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-12-2011, 09:40 AM
בוקר טוב יום שני

Morning Vicki, morning all!

I am going to risk a quick dash across the road as I need a couple of things at the macolet and the rain has stopped - I hope there are not too many puddles...

...I have major cabin fever not having been able to get outside since last Wednesday, I think.

Have a good day everyone!

Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2011, 09:45 AM
Good morning all!

After being up nearly 24 hours on Christmas eve and Christmas morning... I got some sorely needed sleep! I slept for 8,5 hours, woke up at 4:30 pm, got up fed the dogs, took them out for 1/2 an hour then promptly fell asleep in my lazy-boy for another 8 hours!

The dogs are quite happily chewing on their new bones, so I dont think they much minded me sleeping the entire day away.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >