Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2011, 02:23 PM

I'm in the wars again, ripped muscle

I got yanked by Zena yesterday (she was trying to get out of the way of 3 fighting dogs that were heading our way), and although I had her in a sit, quite safe with me in front of her, I had grabbed the rope end of the ball in her gob, and in her desperation to get away, she yanked me, I turned, twisted my hip so badly I could hardly walk and it hurt like h*ll!

Tried taking her out this morning, after numerous ice packs and then hot baths, but I just couldn't do it, the pain was too intense underneath on the inside of my groin, under my backside, so off to the bonecruncher I went this morning. She told me I have probably ripped the muscles attached to the bottom of that hipbone, and severely traumatised the big one attached to the top, because the top of the hip went one way, and yet the bottom was trying to go in the opposite direction - all not good!!

After some very deep and very painful massage on the top part and some ultrasound, I couldn't believe the difference when I got up, I could WALK again, yayyyyyy! However, whatever she did, has now exacerbated (sp?) the sciatica pain on the other side , so I've got pain in both hips now She's told me I'm not to sit, I am to either potter about or lie down, but no proper walking yet at least for a couple of days So do I do as I am told???!!!! Nah!!! I like the lying down bit, but no sitting means no puter, and no walking means Zena will go without her long daily walks What's a girl to do?! Grin and bear it I suppose, let's hope Zena can do the same! We have the garden for hide and seek with treats and ball games etc. so she'll just have to lump it, I've got to get this right, walking is my life, places to go, people to see and all that!

Oh the joys of getting old! So many times I was chucked off that horse of mine and never suffered with any aches and pains that I couldn't just push myself through, but when you get to a certain age, it's all change, it all hurts, and it's all downhill!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-11-2011, 02:36 PM
That sounds very painful.

when I broke my ribs I had torn the muscles around my rib cage too it took a long time to get it right evennow it gets the odd twinge if I move the wrong way.

I can imagine how much that must of hurt and still is. Wishing you better very soon.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Ouch H! Sadly, if it were ALL downhill we could all get some little wheels and off we'd go!

It's not like us to be 'sensible' but as you say, you have to look after yourself once you get a bit older....don't I know it lol
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-11-2011, 02:47 PM
You Poor Girl

You must be in agony. My dad has suffered with a bad back all his life, and towards the end of his working life, ended up having to take early retirement due to sciatic problems

H, you must do as you are told, and not put pressure on that hip! You will only make things worse and end up suffering even more

Ignore my last post on how to set up your Wii........ Put your dance disc away

Take good care of yourself x
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2011, 03:37 PM
all i can say is oops and ouch xx

{hugs} to you xxx
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Ouch poor you! I hope it heals asap.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2011, 04:07 PM
I feel your pain......

Got any painkillers, Aitch?

x0x0x0x0x
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-11-2011, 04:29 PM
Welcome to the temporary geriatrics club H
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Awwwww thanks for the sympathy, coz I won't get any tonight from Dave, he'll just harp on about his own aches and pains

I've got to devise some kind of wide belt she said, to go around my hips where the dimples are at the back because the pressure of it will push the top of the hip back to where it's supposed to be (coz I've moved it out a bit apparently) and squash that muscle. I told her she's wrong, because I already thought of that this morning, I put on a pair of those thick pull you in pants, and rolled them over around my hips to form a wide belt, but what I was really after was the effect of the pants at the bottom in the groin area where it was killing me! Half way round my 5 min struggle, I couldn't wait to get home and pull them off, coz they made my legs ache so much along with the pain!

The good news is, it's so much better than yesterday, so I shall sit on the ice gel pad again and then have a hot bath and more Ibuprofen and hopefully, by morning, I can at least try to get out for more than 5 mins, maybe find somewhere flat instead of these hills.

She said the first 48 hours will be the worst, so it can only improve, especially after what she's done to me. Oh the pain, and she said I could tell her to stop whenever I wanted, but I said nooooooo, I kinda like it in a warped sense, I felt like I was getting my own back on it lol!

Now, I must get off this puter, but first I have some doggy Christmas pressies to order, then I'll leave it alone - honest!!!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-11-2011, 04:38 PM
Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch. I would offer to loan you a set of my wheels but of course that would be no good as you are not supposed to sit...

...are you

I cannot think of what to suggest, but you can have as much sympathy as you want!

xXx
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >