Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2011, 02:21 PM

Well, it finally snowed!

We got 5 cm of snow yesterday... then it dropped down to -18C -21C with the wind chill

WOW when winter hits, it hits with avengeance!!!

Incidentally, this is the first time since 1963 that we haven't had snow before November... that was kinda nice
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Sara I am glad I don't live where you live, I hate snow and just hope we don't get much here this year.
Stay safe with your lovely bunch...
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2011, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Sara I am glad I don't live where you live, I hate snow and just hope we don't get much here this year.
Stay safe with your lovely bunch...
It's not the snow so much that bothered me, it's how COLD it got last night!

I used to love the snow, but I'm getting old (almost 30 now ) and am starting to hate the cold! So snow isn't as much fun as it used to be
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-11-2011, 03:47 PM
Hi Sara - Well you beat us to it this year

We might even get through November without any, but by mid January we'll have it, 5 cms. and more

As you say it's the sudden drop in temperature which we humans seem to notice so much, our two girls just love the stuff and Bara has even been known to sleep in it all night. We definately don't force her to be outside, in fact we try to persuade her to come in but she's a typical Newfie with a huge fluffy coat and she likes it out there
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2011, 03:50 PM
Warming hugs Sara, don't think I could cope with temps that low
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2011, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Warming hugs Sara, don't think I could cope with temps that low
HA! That's nothin! It's a balmy -2C now, so at least it warmed up, but we'll get cold. We'll hit -40C more than a few times before winter is up... usually Jan and Feb, but Dec has been known to get that cold Thank goodness for Chinooks!

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Hi Sara - Well you beat us to it this year

We might even get through November without any, but by mid January we'll have it, 5 cms. and more

As you say it's the sudden drop in temperature which we humans seem to notice so much, our two girls just love the stuff and Bara has even been known to sleep in it all night. We definately don't force her to be outside, in fact we try to persuade her to come in but she's a typical Newfie with a huge fluffy coat and she likes it out there
Oliver, my boy from Texas LOVES the snow, he's turned into a very silly puppy, who forgets to walk nice on a leash... I tell him it's time to grow up, but he says "WHY! there's SNOW!!!" But he has to wear booties, his poor little feet get cold
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-11-2011, 10:54 PM
Panicking there for a minute ,before i realised who the OP was .lol
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2011, 12:01 AM
Murf I'm with you, had a minor moment of panic there, then realised that we are talking about Canada here

Although....I just looked out and there's a scrim of ice on the puddle that's accumulated on my green bin

According to the BBC it's supposed to be 3 degrees C here but you can take around 3 degrees off the temperatures they give for this area. I'm glad I got anti-freeze and a winter kit today! Suspect I may need 'em by the middle of the month.