Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 08:50 PM

Your OH..

This came up on another forum and the replies were interesting.

Those of you who have OH's.. what do they do for the dogs?

I know when mine wasn't in the Army all he did was walk and undo all my training with them.. I made/make all the choices; food, training, etc..

What does yours do or not do?
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 08:54 PM
Feeds her occasionaly and takes her for her bedtime wee - thats litteraly about it ....
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 08:56 PM
I trained my OH very well with the dogs.

He feeds and walks them when i'm at work, even tho my 2 do play him up sometimes

The only thing he wont do is groom them!

A well trained man is a blessing. xxxxxxxxxxx
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by hectorsmum View Post
I trained my OH very well with the dogs.

He feeds and walks them when i'm at work, even tho my 2 do play him up sometimes

The only thing he wont do is groom them!

A well trained man is a blessing. xxxxxxxxxxx
Do you do residential training? I'll send him with plenty of food and pants... honest....
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 08:59 PM
My OH takes the boys out for walks every morning and plays with them sometimes. With regards to training, feeding, vets etc I do all this and make the decisions.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 09:03 PM
With our last two dogs he did nothing at all, except love them!

With the latest, Jimmi, because OH is now retired I suggested that he got up on alternate mornings to let him out and give him breakfast; take him for the odd walk on his own, and help with any training.

For a while he did all this, but gradually it has tailed off and now once again I do all the feeding, walking (although OH does sometimes come along too) and anything else practical that is required.

Still, they adore each other and that's all that matters really
tilskie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-10-2011, 09:03 PM
My OH and I are as involved as each other, we both do walks, (together and separately)training, feeding, vet trips etc. As we have two he often takes one of them to work with him so they are not together all the time, because we feed raw the only thing I do more of is food prep and thats because he makes such a mess in the kitchen!
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 09:06 PM
I do pretty much everything for the dogs, OH will occasionally come on a walk with me, but it's rare!!

To be fair to him though he works all hours, so it's easier for me to get them sorted so we cam chill out together on an evening!

Me and my friend joke that keepers put their dogs in 'deep freeze' when it's not shooting season, as both she and I do everything for the dogs and the OH's don't go near them until shooting starts!!
GSDlover4ever
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 09:08 PM
I don't live with my OH.... The reason I went out with him was because Zara loved him from day one and at that time she wasn't a huge fan of men.

We go walks together and sometimes he will take her out for a toilet break.
He loves to buy her treats... cooking her liver etc...
He loves feeding her as well and always asks how much to give and when is best to feed her... He knows I don't want to over feed her and try and prevent bloat.
He also likes to brush her and checks her for lumps and bumps... My training has paid off.
Last week he even looked after Zara and my cat for a few days at his house. He is actually the only person I trust with my dog... I know he will look after her.
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 09:10 PM
My OH is absolutely brilliant with our two

He does most of the walking during the week, because I work stupid shifts, and he Never complains about it. We both do weekend walks.

He will feed their dinners in the evening, whilst I cook for us.

I would be wrong to complain that he takes all the credit for (my) training , grooming, vets visits etc
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »