Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2011, 09:02 PM

Chipped tooth...

I have just been playing with Kestral and have just noticed one of her front teeth (the top centre right one) has a bit chipped off. Its only a small amount, but is this usual or could they be weak?
Has anyone else's dog got a chipped tooth?

I don't know when it happened as its pretty tiny but not long ago I don't think as I brush her teeth regularly...
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2011, 09:09 PM
Oh dear, conjunctivitis, chipped tooth, she is not doing very well at the moment is she?
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Oh dear, conjunctivitis, chipped tooth, she is not doing very well at the moment is she?
She doesn't seem to be Hopefully there wont be anything else!! Should I be worried about the tooth? I'm getting her boosters in a couple of weeks so can probably just get that and her eyes double checked by the vets then...
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2011, 09:14 PM
Nothing to worry about.
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2011, 09:22 PM
Thats good - she just seems to young to have one already! She doesnt even eat bones or anything to chip it on I have no idea how she managed to do it.. Playing tuggy would be my only guess.

Here's hoping I don't have a third thing to contend with any time soon...
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2011, 09:37 PM
wouldnt worry about a small chip, so long as no nerves are exposed its not worth worring.

My old gsd tyson had broke most of his teeth - he had a thing for bricks and living on a farm where he had a free run was quite hard to stop him - vet never did anything about them bar smoothing the rough bits
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2011, 11:46 PM
Otis had chipped both his canines and hasn't had any problems since and that happened a few years ago
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2011, 03:51 PM
Good to know its not too uncommon.. I think its so small no one would notice but a bit of a shame and kind of strange..
M3lRox
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-09-2011, 01:49 AM
Vegas chipped both her canines when she was little due to chewing on bloody macadamia nut shells. The vet noticed it when we took her for a check up I felt like such a bad mum as I hadnt noticed. I would advise getting it checked as my vet said that they can get internal infections and become quite sore. Vegas had to be put under and have hers taken out. (very lucky as they were her baby teeth) I know baby teeth are a lot softer than adult teeth but i would still get it checked just to be safe
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-09-2011, 09:52 AM
Little Molly has a gap in her bottom teeth at the front Quite cute

It 'just fell out' whilst chewing her rope tug. No problems or infection to follow.