Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
promarc
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-08-2011, 10:30 AM

Skinners dry dog food

Right im in the process of changing my bullmastiff cross rotty from burgess's to skinner's but after looking at the different kinds i havent a clue which to get him. he's over 45kg a big dog, but he used to be on wainwrights large breed kibble. so any help on which skinners would be brilliant.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2011, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by promarc View Post
Right im in the process of changing my bullmastiff cross rotty from burgess's to skinner's but after looking at the different kinds i havent a clue which to get him. he's over 45kg a big dog, but he used to be on wainwrights large breed kibble. so any help on which skinners would be brilliant.
The best ones are the Field and Trial Salmon and rice or the duck and rice, the others aren't that great to be honest.

The Field and Trial ones are very similar to Burns in ingredients but a lot less expensive !

If you are getting it via the net, Vet UK do the salmon for £22.93 with free delivery, the duck is less.
taz_in_2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-08-2011, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
The best ones are the Field and Trial Salmon and rice or the duck and rice, the others aren't that great to be honest.

The Field and Trial ones are very similar to Burns in ingredients but a lot less expensive !

If you are getting it via the net, Vet UK do the salmon for £22.93 with free delivery, the duck is less.

Totally agree, my Rotti was fed on Skinners, Field and Trial Duck and Rice, its hypoallergenic aswell so great for their tummys
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2011, 10:43 AM
We alternate salmon and duck here too and they're both great, hypoallergenic and great value. Mine thrive on it

even selkie who had a horribly sensitive tummy was fine
promarc
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-08-2011, 10:52 AM
Thanx to you all signed up to vetuk and will get some ordered soon. just didnt want to get the wrong sort and it being wasted.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2011, 11:11 AM
As said, either the salmon or duck one. Know many dogs who have done well on either of these two food by skinners.
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-09-2011, 12:35 PM
I've just swapped over from James Wellbeloved to Skinners Field & Trial Turkey & Rice. I think it's a pretty new one and is on a par with their Salmon and Duck ones. So far so good this past 2-3 weeks and to be honest the only difference seems to be the £15 or so a bag price tag.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2011, 12:37 PM
Mine have been fed Skinners for years and do really well on it. Good food for a far more economical price than similar products.
promarc
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-09-2011, 01:16 PM
Well i ordered a bag from vetuk and got it this morning fantastic service well packaged up and the food looks brill so 20 quid a bag im very happy and so is sammy
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2011, 03:55 PM
Well i ordered a bag from vetuk and got it this morning fantastic service well packaged up and the food looks brill so 20 quid a bag im very happy and so is sammy
Fab, let us know how he gets on with it
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >