Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 08:23 AM

Louie and his rabbit...

Now I have started him raw feeding, only rabbits atm and only once/twice a week - due to pennies, he does get his dry food the rest of the time - which he has no problems eating either...

My OH was worried he would associate a cold, dead, skinned and gutted, headless rabbit with our rabbits - so now I have proof!

Although this one is a bit dubious!

Oh I have proof he won't eat them And now he comes out with me to see to them and there's a paving slab in front of their hutches and he'll sit on that whilst I fiddle with cages and covers and won't move from that slab unless I tell him to see the rabbits; I only told him to sit and stay once on this slab and he's just took to it naturally and without asking him to he does it
Shani
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Aww sweet, very good.

I used to take on rabbits whos owners didn't want them anymore. I was given 3 little bunnys & my Muppet would lay near there cage & look after them.
To cut a long story short, a butcher gave me a skinned & jointed rabbit for my dog & he just sniffed it, licked it, & laid down with it. Wouldn't eat it.
I feed him raw, but if he was a person or knew what meat was & where it comes from he'd probaly be vegetarian
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Aw,Inka would have squeezed the life from it...cracking pics xx
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 11:00 AM
oh thats cute
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by Shani View Post
Aww sweet, very good.

I used to take on rabbits whos owners didn't want them anymore. I was given 3 little bunnys & my Muppet would lay near there cage & look after them.
To cut a long story short, a butcher gave me a skinned & jointed rabbit for my dog & he just sniffed it, licked it, & laid down with it. Wouldn't eat it.
I feed him raw, but if he was a person or knew what meat was & where it comes from he'd probaly be vegetarian
Louie's grown up with them - in fact I'm more scared of the rabbits biting him than him biting them.. in fact I left them on the sofa for 5 minutes (had something in the oven) and I came back and they were just laid side by side.

Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
Aw,Inka would have squeezed the life from it...cracking pics xx
Do you mean as in cuddles or bloodshed?

Louie has a tenancy to be a bit rough with them - he will paw them and nudge them - Bambi (rabbit in pics) is the smallest of our 6 and I have the largest of our 6 too but she's a bit of a handful...

Originally Posted by katygeorge View Post
oh thats cute
Thank you
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Aww Bless Lovely pictures Thanks for sharing x
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Aww Bless Lovely pictures Thanks for sharing x
Thank you
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Lovely piccies, I had bunnies for my whole childhood, they are such sweethearts. We had large english lops. Our dogs sadly were not taught to be gentle with the small furries, they are ex racing greyhounds.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by grommit View Post
Lovely piccies, I had bunnies for my whole childhood, they are such sweethearts. We had large english lops. Our dogs sadly were not taught to be gentle with the small furries, they are ex racing greyhounds.
Louie is far from gentle - he was told to get off the sofa a few times before those pictures and in one of them where he is hiding his head - he was nudging Bambi - only slightly lol...
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 11:18 PM
Aw, they are so sweet I won't be able to have a rabbit with Jake, he tries to kill them (and has done) so i just couldn't risk it with him... although, he was doing that before starting raw feeding so thats not related
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >