Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rachluvslabs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-04-2011, 03:41 PM

Split thread - looking for labs to rehome

My my! I seem to have set the cat amongst the pigeons here and for that i am truly sorry! It was never my intention. I must add now that today i contacted and was lucky enough to have a home visit from the labrador rescue based in the south west, cornwall area. I have been approvede by them to home a labrador aged between 2 and 6 years on account of the age of my children. (they normally would not consider anyone with a child under 5 but as my children have been around a labrador before they do not see it as a problem.) i will watch this thread with interest as i really hope mack and moose either find the home alfmar really wants for them, or keeps them! I do feel quite bad about causing some divisions of opinions here. I can't apologise enough! Rachael x
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by rachluvslabs View Post
My my! I seem to have set the cat amongst the pigeons here and for that i am truly sorry! It was never my intention. I must add now that today i contacted and was lucky enough to have a home visit from the labrador rescue based in the south west, cornwall area. I have been approvede by them to home a labrador aged between 2 and 6 years on account of the age of my children. (they normally would not consider anyone with a child under 5 but as my children have been around a labrador before they do not see it as a problem.) i will watch this thread with interest as i really hope mack and moose either find the home alfmar really wants for them, or keeps them! I do feel quite bad about causing some divisions of opinions here. I can't apologise enough! Rachael x
You have nothing to apologise for, don't be daft

Fingers crossed that one comes up for you soon with this rescue
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Good luck hun xxx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 06:43 PM
What gorgeous boys I can see why you would become very attached to them, but surely you would consider a home further away from the original area, if the home were perfect for the dogs?

GSD Rescue Scotland have two sets of labs at the moment, and if there were a way of getting them down to Cornwall, I am sure you would be considered Rachael!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
What gorgeous boys I can see why you would become very attached to them, but surely you would consider a home further away from the original area, if the home were perfect for the dogs?

GSD Rescue Scotland have two sets of labs at the moment, and if there were a way of getting them down to Cornwall, I am sure you would be considered Rachael!
I'd happily help with part of the transportation of these dogs if needed and I'm not working on that particular day. Just let me know. I'm 30 minutes west of Glasgow.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 06:49 PM
In fact, we may hopefully be going to Cornwall soon if Roxy wins Pet Factor! Fingers crossed!
rachluvslabs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-04-2011, 07:08 PM
Dear Moobli and Westie N. So lovely of you to think of me regarding the labs so scotland. It might take a bit of arranging but i'm sure it would be possible somehow. My parents live in Nottingham. If i asked nicely i might be able to get my dad to transport them from there as they have a place in cornwall 3 miles from me and visit every fortnight. I can't plan anything untill i've spoken to them tho. What is pet factor?
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 07:11 PM
Dear Moobli and Westie N. So lovely of you to think of me regarding the labs so scotland. It might take a bit of arranging but i'm sure it would be possible somehow. My parents live in Nottingham. If i asked nicely i might be able to get my dad to transport them from there as they have a place in cornwall 3 miles from me and visit every fortnight. I can't plan anything untill i've spoken to them tho. What is pet factor?
Well, the offer of some help is there should you need it. It's logistically slightly difficult, yes, but far from impossible and if it got a dog or two a fantastic home, then brilliant.

This is Pet Factor.........you can vote for Roxy if you want to! Closes tonight - it only takes one click!

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=143604
rachluvslabs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-04-2011, 07:57 PM
hello rune it's rachael. I wondered if you would be prepared to do me a home visit anyway. Not in respect of the Bedford Labs. But if you read last few posts from moobli and westie n there could possibly be a chance of helping another set of labs from scotland. Geographically difficuly but not impossible. However i would appreciate a house check as if you don't think the lay out of my home/garden is suitable for more than 1 dog i would rather know. So as i'm not wasting anyone's time! I think it would be ok but a second opinion is always handy. You did say you lived in cornwall right? I'm a bit new to all of this forum stuff so i don't know if i should have started a new post or not! Oops!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 08:10 PM
No problem---where are you?

If you want to e mail me it is lynfra@btinternet.com I am sure you be a great home but if you or the rescue want extra reassurance thats fine.

I am sure transport can be organised somehow. I don't mind travelling up country a bit if you are stuck in any way.

rune
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >