Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MississippiRick
Dogsey Junior
Male 

20-03-2011, 02:38 AM

Knute Died Today.

I know, its not a dog, but if you have the compassion to love any animal, you would have loved this one. God bless the fact that even living only 4 years, we all loved him. I guess I must be a big softie. I watched the video and cried.

The four-year-old cub reportedly collapsed and died Saturday at the Berlin Zoo.
The world embraced Knut as our own after his mother rejected him shortly after birth. He beat the odds as the only polar bear ever raised by humans, showing an adorable affection toward his Berlin Zoo trainer – and adoptive father – Thomas Dörflein. But Saturday, Knut passed away of unknown causes while alone in the zoo's polar bear enclosure.

Heiner Klös, a bear expert at the Berlin Zoo, said Knut was swimming in the water at the time, with more than 600 people looking on. NewsFeed can't imagine their shock when the celebrity bear collapsed. An autopsy will be performed on Knut to determine the cause of death.

Unlike most stars, Knut never let the fame go to his head, remaining as innocent and cute as ever.

moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2011, 07:18 AM
What a shame, it was so sad he died.

It does make you wonder if the mother knew something was not quite right with him when she rejected him.

It will be interesting to know why he died.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2011, 11:11 AM
Thats so sad....poor baby.

RIP Knut xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2011, 11:18 AM
So sad Another one of my absolute favourite furries too. I'm inclined to agree with moetmum there, it'll be interesting to see what that autopsy reveals, sad as it is
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-03-2011, 11:55 AM
I didn't know the story of Knut but I do now so thanks for posting this and how terribly sad that he has passed away. I hope that the Berlin Zoo will learn something from the PM and maybe try to breed more bears so that one day they can be released into the wild and will not be an endangered species anymore.