Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 03:08 PM

Off topic posts from Inuit rehoming thread

Just incase there is any more doubt, here is the lovely ZUNNI up close and personal with Sean Bean, lucky bitch lol.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 06:03 PM
She looks worried and hesitant. Id have lept on him!!!
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
She looks worried and hesitant. Id have lept on him!!!
yep, me too lol
ReaperMan
New Member!
Male 

07-02-2011, 08:34 PM
"Game of thrones" the series to which everyone is referring is in post production for an April 2011 airing. Filming on the pilot was carried out in late 2009 in Ireland and Scotland with the series pickup filming beginning in June 2010 and complete by November 2010.

The series airs in the USA on 17th April 2011 with the Pilot episode, the series follows two weeks after. A week after the USA airing of the start of the series the UK schedules are listed as Sky Atlantic HD (channel 109 on your Sky EPG) following the same pattern.

No subsequent series are officially planned although draft scripts are on the tables of the production houses responsible for this series (HBO and Management 360) although no firm filming will be committed to until mid season USA (currently september).

For 15 years my job in the professional lighting industry has taken me all over the world and involved me in some big things, I am a field engineer (stood down for personal reasons) for Arrai lighting Gmbv.

Make of that what you will, but to be in post-production means that the whole series is complete and is being edited, therefore no more filming and the dog returned safely to it's owner
liz & kiesha
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-02-2011, 10:55 PM
I could be way out here but dont most film/t.v contracts state they 'own' the dog once they take it on?
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by liz & kiesha View Post
I could be way out here but dont most film/t.v contracts state they 'own' the dog once they take it on?
Not that I have ever heard of. They will own the rights on the performance and usually a contract will be signed to ensure there are no leaks of story lines, unedited footage and cast pictures etc.

ETA I guess if the dogs were purchased by the production company this would be the case - but very few would go down that route due to the rehoming issues afterwards.

I know they did this with the horses on LotR. Usually dogs belong to the trainer or one of the networked owners they have.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 11:04 PM
Not the ones we have done.

The dogs used in the film Beethovan may well have been on a different basis, The cameraman on one film I did was telling me about it. There were 8 I think he said---all done up to look the same (may have been 6). They were trained for months before the filming and were amazing. He said they would work on silent or spoken commands and went to marks and looked where they were meant to really well.

For 101 dalmations I know they were asking around for trainers to take on the pups and work with them so I would imagine the film company owned them as well.

For most films the dogs are hired and the handlers paid.

Someone rang the other day for several dogs----they would manage travel for the dogs but no actual money and they had their own trainer. I suggested that perhaps he could provide the dogs!

All of them say they are on a tight budget but we've never done a big feature film I should think they are OK----the BBC were not generous!!

rune
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Not the ones we have done.

For 101 dalmations I know they were asking around for trainers to take on the pups and work with them so I would imagine the film company owned them as well..............

The puppies in 101 Dalmatians remained the property of the breeders(most were sold with the"have appeared in 101"in the adverts)

The adults were I believe owned by Disney
ReaperMan
New Member!
Male 

07-02-2011, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by liz & kiesha View Post
If the dog in question has been bred specifically for the production then yes the production company owns the dog, in that case it is no different than buying a dog for your own pet. In most cases there are several dogs used to fill one part so they are not owned by the production company, instead by individuals.

It is like being an extra, the money is really cack and the credits aren't really worth it and do not buy you entry to equity or anything like that.

I was just raising a point that people like to jump on the band wagon when they can, which doesn't mean they are always telling the truth. The point here is that I find it morally reprehensible that a 'breeder' finds it suitable to send four dogs out of kennels to be re-homed. it says an awful lot about their breeding standards and I think they should be named and shamed for everyone to see.

A dog is for life, not until it is no longer profitable.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by ReaperMan View Post
If the dog in question has been bred specifically for the production then yes the production company owns the dog, in that case it is no different than buying a dog for your own pet. In most cases there are several dogs used to fill one part so they are not owned by the production company, instead by individuals.

It is like being an extra, the money is really cack and the credits aren't really worth it and do not buy you entry to equity or anything like that.

I was just raising a point that people like to jump on the band wagon when they can, which doesn't mean they are always telling the truth. The point here is that I find it morally reprehensible that a 'breeder' finds it suitable to send four dogs out of kennels to be re-homed. it says an awful lot about their breeding standards and I think they should be named and shamed for everyone to see.

A dog is for life, not until it is no longer profitable.
.. do you know something about this dog
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »