Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 08:08 PM

Have you seen the news ?

Regarding the students,
I am absolutely disgusted,surely not the way to get your point accross.
Smashed windows on the treasury,they have attacked the car of Prince Charles etc
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 08:11 PM
Really I ve not heard this? I am horrified if they have!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 08:14 PM
I agree with you.
The students have a very valid point and if I was a student I would be livid with the government but this is not the way to deal with it.
Having said this I do wonder how many of the rioters are students and how many are people jumping on the bandwagon for a day of violence and vandalism.

What did upset me was the pictures of police on horses riding into the crowd. It looked like a recipe for disaster and mass injury.
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-12-2010, 08:17 PM
Yes I saw it

the horses were awful...

If the government carry on do stuff like this it will only get worse.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 08:18 PM
The trouble I have with it is that 95% of the students protesting are doing it sensibly and maturely, unfortunately the 5% that aren't are ruining it for the rest of them.

I am also disgusted with the way it is going and even more so by the idiots who have joined in for a god fight, the ones who are too scared to show their faces!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-12-2010, 08:26 PM
I'm not happy 'cos Sky cancelled Jeff Randals programme to give continuous coverage of the demonstrations in Parliament Square and surrounding areas.

If you listen carefully you can just hear the disappointment in the media workers voices that it has been reasonably well controlled by the Police and they (The media) have not been able to photograph anyone inside the buildings or slinging fire extinguishers of roofs, that has really hurt their viewing figures, not to mention the chances of the silly muppets getting promotion within Sky / BBC / ITV etc.

I'm thinking of writing to Sky News to ask why they were continuing with their coverage long after the vote in Parliament. It went through with a 21 majority so that's it, done deal, what's the point of continuing to smash windows etc. Don't they know that once a law iis on the statute book it stays there for a long time (Well a few years at least )
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 08:29 PM
They have just shown a pic of the prince of wales car,the damage is terrible,smashed windows,paint splatted all over it etc
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-12-2010, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
They have just shown a pic of the prince of wales car,the damage is terrible,smashed windows,paint splatted all over it etc
Sad isn't it As some have said there are undoubtedly some anarchists and deliberate trouble makers in that crowd.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Sad isn't it As some have said there are undoubtedly some anarchists and deliberate trouble makers in that crowd.
Yes I agree totally and I think the police are struggling to be honest,the protesters have turned there attentions to topshop now too
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 08:55 PM
I think it's disgusting the way these people are behaving whether they are students or not and i hope the government do not give in to them.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »